Ideal Poultry!

Have you ordered from Ideal Poultry this year (2011)?

• I ordered and already got my birds.

Votes: 66 36.7%
  • I ordered and I am awaiting my order!

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I wanted to order but they are sold out of what I want.

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • No. (This option is for Illia ;-)

Votes: 37 20.6%

• Total voters
Quote:
That's especially weird since you're in the same state. I wonder what could've happened to them; how do you lose a box of chicks in the mail?

I dont know and since they dont give you a tracking number I dont know where they are
hit.gif

oh no
sad.png
I got my 2nd batch today..I really need to get a camera they are so cute Ideal shipped 5 extra bantams well one I don't know if it is a bantam it's a fat fluffly gold laced Cochin..can't tell if it's standard or just a big banty. Any way I hope they will be ok when you get the poults tomorrow.
fl.gif

I ordered mine last week. They were supposed to reach on 18th May and I got them right on that day. I opened the box and was surprised to see 13 extra chicks in addition to what I ordered!!!! vow, what a deal!!

Quote:
That's horrible that your chicks just disappeared in the mail(not quite as horrible if they just somehow didn't get shipped to start with, but still annoying, I'm sure). At least they're going to send you some more, so maybe it'll turn out better the second go 'round.

Quote:
That's horrible that your chicks just disappeared in the mail(not quite as horrible if they just somehow didn't get shipped to start with, but still annoying, I'm sure). At least they're going to send you some more, so maybe it'll turn out better the second go 'round.

They called me back, they are shipping them next week. Somehow they just didn't get shipped???? But it showed they did, but they didn't really. Make sense??? But I am soooo glad because that means no dead poults.
love.gif

Ideal stays right on top of things if there is a boo-boo, which is why I love them.

I just got my Ideal order, which finally ended up with 8 gold brabanters and 2 quail old english game bantams. All arrived alive and were very active and hungry!
tongue.png
I'm very happy with them.

The only complaint I have is that I specifically requested no males for warmth and got the insurance, yet I somehow ended up with 6 extra chicks of unknown breed (at the moment). I'm not mad about it, just wondering why I had to pay for insurance if they were going to send extras anyway.
hmm.png
Any chance they sent me extra pullets?

Last edited:
Quote:
Congratulations!
thumbsup.gif

I love Brabanters, I am going to order some this winter! I have 6 OEGB from Ideal and they are fascinating! How such tiny birds manage to lay decent size eggs is amazing!

I requested Males For Warmth every time I ordered and never got 1! I love watching little roos grow up and begin to crow! Then they gotta go when they start getting feisty!
somad.gif

I have read several instances where customers who got Males For Warmth have ended up with pullets, but it seems to be about a <5% chance, just like occasionally an all-pullet order ends up with a roo!

Please post a picture of your 6 mystery chicks if convenient to do so! I love looking at chick pictures and figuring out the breed/ variety!
smile.png

Quote:
I love the little brabanters! They have such fat little faces.
lol.png

I actually got the Quail OEGBs because I used to have a Quail hen, but something snatched her earlier this year. She was the sweetest little hen and would fly up on me when I went out to the coop. I was rather attached to her and am hoping that I end up with at least 1 as nice as her out of the 2 I got (
fl.gif
that they're both hens). Of course if one of them is a roo, maybe I could use him to replace my somewhat mean (he likes to randomly attack feet and legs when people go in his coop) Black Tailed Red OEGB roo. I'm always threatening to replace him, but he's so pretty.
roll.png

That's the reason I requested no males for warmth. I know at some point they'll have to go; there's no way I can keep all those roosters. I'm trying not to get attached to them in case they have to go to freezer camp later on, but it's so hard because the chicks are so cute! Maybe I could sell/rehome some of them. My boss said she might be interested in taking some of the extra roos to roam around her yard and eat bugs.
smile.png

Yeah, I figured the odds of them sending me a free pullet were pretty slim, but maybe I'll luck out and end up with at least one.

I'll try to get pics of the chicks tomorrow. Last time I went to check on them, they were all mostly asleep. I'm thinking the mystery chicks may be Barred Rocks, but I'm only going by some pics in an old hatchery catalog I have and would love a 2nd opinion.

Back
Top Bottom