Ideal Poultry!

Have you ordered from Ideal Poultry this year (2011)?

• I ordered and already got my birds.

Votes: 66 36.7%
  • I ordered and I am awaiting my order!

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I wanted to order but they are sold out of what I want.

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • No. (This option is for Illia ;-)

Votes: 37 20.6%

• Total voters
Quote:
Mine Black Cochin is a FRIZZLE too! I love Ideal, they put such care into their assortments!

I had a frizzle in my last assortment too, sadly it was a boy, I really hope this one is a girl!
fl.gif

Quote:
Mine Black Cochin is a FRIZZLE too! I love Ideal, they put such care into their assortments!

I had a frizzle in my last assortment too, sadly it was a boy, I really hope this one is a girl!
fl.gif

Both my black cochins are frizzles, I'm 95% sure they are a pair, the female was just a touch slower feathering out so I just noticed her today! I'm in town so of course the roosters won't stay, but I'm so excited to see all the kinds I got! I'm going to build the coop and pen this coming week I think, depends how hot it is lol.

I just ordered! I had ordered from them once before and was very impressed with the birds. All survived and grew up to look like their breed standard (unlike my experience with another hatchery). I have started hatching my flock from eggs I purchased from breeders but I wanted to make sure I have some good layers and pretty colors thrown in the mix. My new ladies should arrive next week!

What did you order. I can't wait to get mine. They ship on the 31st. Seems like forever. 2 Black Production, 2 GLW, 2 Light Brahmas, 2 EE, and 2 Welsummers. Going to call and see if the have any Black or White Giants hatching then also. They had them for todays ship date, but couldn't do just the 2. YAY! Can't wait!

At five months old it appears that Ideal scored 100% on my female only order.
8 for 8. They were a pleasure on the phone, at the post office (all alive and healthy)
at choosing my surprise lot, and now I can now confirm they did a great job sexing.
I'd recommend them and use them again.

The good: The khaki campbell ducks I ordered in July are just about fully grown, had a 100% accuracy in sexing and almost all of them fit the breed standard. My losses were refunded quickly, without incident, and the service was excellent for a big company. I communicated with 2 different people on the phone, and one via email and they were very helpful.
The not so good: 1.) I had a high casualty rate in shipping of 60% deaths in transit. I blame the heat and dehydration, not the company. Gro-gel would have helped a lot I think (don't know if it's available from ideal yet?)
2.) One of my survivors is a slow bloomer, and has been undersized at all stages in her development and is practically a bantam by comparison to her "sisters". I'm vaguely concerned that this indicates an underlying health problem that will come out later. (I don't think they'll do anything about it if I notified them, but if I call in another order I'll mention it.)

Shipping is industry average, and the healthy chick guarantee has a good track record in terms of reviews.

Verdict: Strongly considering ordering turkeys and black east indies bantam ducks from them next year. Worrying about shipping distance from Texas to Arizona since I had so many losses before is the only thing giving me pause.

I need bantams for my daughter's 4H project next year, I need turkeys, and I may want guineas; and they're one of the few customer favorite companies that have them all available in one place.

Back
Top Bottom