Ideal Poultry!

Have you ordered from Ideal Poultry this year (2011)?

• I ordered and already got my birds.

Votes: 66 36.7%
  • I ordered and I am awaiting my order!

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I wanted to order but they are sold out of what I want.

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • No. (This option is for Illia ;-)

Votes: 37 20.6%

• Total voters
I just got an email from Ideal, they have a bantam special for 10/19, asst straight run bantams for .99 and asst red broilers for .99... I know it is late in the season, and I live in South Dakota, but what the heck, ordered 50 bantams. Wondering if they list what they send or it will be a guess me?
Wondering what others have gotten in their bantam assortments?

Quote:
I just ordered 25!
wee.gif

I am really hoping I get some d'Anvers and some Silkies and at least 1 frizzle girl (all my other bantam specials have included 1 frizzle, and have been boys).
fl.gif

I ordered 25 of the bantam specials a year ago and here is the BYC page with pics of what I got https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=409412&p=2

I still have 2 of the BBR OEGB hens and 1 White Silkie hen from that batch.

I ordered 25 in August and got:

3 OEGB (1 Lav girl, 2 BBR boys)
1 Black Silkie
1 Frizzle Cochin
7 other Cochins
1 BLR Wyandotte
1 buff brahma
1 d'uccle

forgot what the other 10 were.
hide.gif

Quote:
Ideal has never listed what they send in my bantam specials.

One time I ordered 3 of the assorted longtail S/R and the packer had penciled on the packing list that it contained a Yokohama, a Blue Cubalaya and a Silver Phoenix.

Other than that, ALL of my assortments (about 12-ish times ordering 25 or so, usually the surprise special pullets), they have just been unlabeled potluck!

I think part of the fun for me is the detective work putting all the factors of comb type, leg color, etc together and figuring out the breed by looking at lots of pictures and descriptions on the computer!
caf.gif

I am confused. This is the first time I have ordered from Ideal. I got an email today (10/18) that says my chicks shipped today. But the email is dated for tomorrow 10/19. So should I expect the chicks on the 20th? or the 21st? I would ask the hatchery, but it is too late today.

Quote:
Excerpted from the Shipping info page of Ideal's website - SHIPPING DATES: During the months of February through May, IDEAL will be shipping poultry Sunday through Wednesday. IDEAL hatches 52 weeks each year and most shipments will be made on Tuesday and Wednesday during the remaining months.

jumpy.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

I got my email last night too!
ya.gif

This means my chicks will be here Thursday instead of Friday!
yippiechickie.gif

Very seldom have I gotten orders shipped on Tuesday, because I usually get the "Surprise Special", which is the cheapest leftovers.
big_smile.png

This time I ordered 8 EE bantams, but couldn't resist adding the bantam special!

What did you get - SouthDakota?
smile.png

I only ordered the bantam special. I wanted to add a few dark brahmas but they were sold out, so all I am getting are the surprise bantams. That is why I was confused. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hmm... I got another email today saying my poultry had been shipped....now I am totally confused...

seems I can always find room for a few more chicks...

I've found Ideal sends out 2 emails...the day before they ship (with the next days date on it) and the day they ship.

My orders have been shipped out on a Wednesday and received on a Thursday. Sometimes the post office will call and let you know they will be delivering the chicks with that days mail delivery.

Sounds like yours were shipped out yesterday (Wednesday) and you will receive them today.

Gail

Yes !! The chicks arrived this morning...they had a rough trip but only lost 6 of 50...lovely assortment
if i can figure out how to put pictures here...I will do so

Back
Top Bottom