Ideal Poultry!

Have you ordered from Ideal Poultry this year (2011)?

• I ordered and already got my birds.

Votes: 66 36.7%
  • I ordered and I am awaiting my order!

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I wanted to order but they are sold out of what I want.

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • No. (This option is for Illia ;-)

Votes: 37 20.6%

• Total voters
They seem to always have some kind of special, they just mix it up more at different times of year. (or run multiple specials at once) I get announcements for sales on ducks, bantams and broilers most often.

I am really pleased with the assortment, there a a lot of feather legged chicks, and 4 or 5 that are really really tiny...I am thinking perhaps I should pull the itty bitty chickies out of the mob and raise them separate until they get a little growth...
I got an order from privett on 9/30 and truthfully, those chicks hit the ground running...they ate and drank well right out of the box...
the 50 bantams I got this morning from ideal are still milling around, making a lot of noise and not really wanting to eat or drink. I dipped each ones beak in the water (drown proof waterers) and I also ordered the gro gel from ideal.
I put probios powder in the water of the bunch I got from Privett and they just took off...growing well and I lost none in shipment and only one after, and that one got a little pasty butt so that was my fault...
wondering if I should put the probios powder in the water ..I sprinkled some on the feed...
hmm....think I will check them in another hour and see how they are doing...

I got my chicks this morning and they must have spent a night in an unheated mail truck, because I had HEAVY losses!
hit.gif

There was 1 extra chick in the box, but we are down to only 20 chicks now (ordered 8 bantam "EEs" and the 25 bantam assortment).

I have never had this many losses, but as always, Ideal took care of it. I called (left a voicemail) and sent an email and less than an hour later a VERY nice lady called me back and offered to replace or credit the losses.

I chose the credit, as we have SO much going on at home right now (I shouldn't have gotten ANY more chicks, but I needed a lil pick-me-up), but I ABSOLUTELY will be ordering more as soon as things slow down for me!

Ideal still gets a vote of 100% satisfaction from me, not because I have had perfect experiences or gotten any extras from them, but because they are honest, fair providers of pretty nice birds for a very reasonable price.

I am so sorry for your heavy losses. I lost six out of 50 in transit...but another dozen are not looking good. I ordered the gro gel but a dozen of them are not eating or drinking. I did the - dip their beaks in the water - thing when they arrived, and have done it every hour on the dozen "iffy" chicks...but four of them have no eyes and several appear to have broken legs...as they are unable to stand....

Quote:
Thx!

Decided to swap my order I placed last week due to be shipped Nov 2 for an order of 25 of the assort. Do they usually just send ones that are shown as available on the site, or could it be completely random with oos ones as well?

There are some I REALLY wanted that aren't available, lol

This was the first time I received an email from Ideal advising of their specials for the week...you can sign up on their website for their emails....

I ordered 50 bantams, I have had 40 percent mortality in the first 48 hours.....I have less then 30 chicks left. I ordered 100 chicks from Privet that were delivered on 9/30 and only lost one chick. Very disappointed in these chicks from Ideal. I don't know if it is because they had such a rough trip from the post office? Some had no eyes when they arrived. Maybe next time I should have them debeaked so they don't peck each others eyes out? My privet chicks were separated by breed...and I ordered 30 silkies from privet and they all survived and are growing...so it is not that I don't do well with bantams...but to be fair, they must have had a horrible trip via usps...some had broken legs and there were dead chicks in the box....so sad

I received my order yesterday, some assorted pullets and wcb polish. I screwed up in ordering and didn't check the weather and we got a winter storm with several inches of snow the night they shipped....I was expecting a box full of frozen chicks. Surprisingly when they arrived the next day, every single chick was alive and peeping
big_smile.png
I've had them 24 hours and they're all doing great. I've got 3 brooders full of Ideal chicks right now
tongue.png
I've ordered from Ideal a few times this year and have always had a wonderful experience, every single time.

Back
Top Bottom