Ideas on Quail feeders please

i tried to get a picture but they aren't very good. i made a funnel out of a piece of sheet aluminum but a cheap plastic funnel could be cut to fit real easy. the pac rim is not import and it was already on the pipe so i just left it
Do you get much powder in the bottom and if so how often do you have to dump it out?

I've been using it about 2 months and haven't cleaned it. i only have 7 birds in there right now though. i plan to clean it this weekend so ill find out then.

ok i cleaned it had about an inch of powder built up. seems like a filler of some sort would take care of it.

Last edited:
Very simple and zero (and I mean zero) waste: Put the traditional chicken feeder into a dog bowl that fits around it. They have to bend their heads down to eat, it stays in the dish, seriously, zero waste. And zero poop in it, too.

One of these kind:

into this:

Here's my setup. A picture is worth 1000 words right? (That white powder is their calcium, not poop. ;-) In case anyone's wondering.)

You can cut the top off of these plastic jars and slip a piece of 3 ft 4" PVC and now you have a week long auto feeder instead of a day just use a PVC cap to cover the pipe.
I will have to look into this and review your photos to see how to set this up.

Very simple and zero (and I mean zero) waste: Put the traditional chicken feeder into a dog bowl that fits around it. They have to bend their heads down to eat, it stays in the dish, seriously, zero waste. And zero poop in it, too.

One of these kind:

into this:

Do you think this would work for keeping poop out of their water? Thats my problem!

Back
Top Bottom