Ignore feature possible?

1acrefarm

Songster
12 Years
Nov 3, 2007
Georgia
Would it be possible to get an ignore feature added to the site? Anytime you have a gathering of people you run into the possibility of a couple of people not seeing eye to eye. Both people may be great people but they just get on each others nerves. Not everyone is super tolerant and not everyone is diplomatic. I would hate to see a couple good people butting heads when a click of a mouse could stop it. Thanks.

I think that would be a good idea, but I think it would be better to rely on the understanding that people need to grow up a bit and take their arguments to the PM box...and from that point on ignore each other period. It might be easier to report someone for harrassment rather than trying to add a feature like that. Now, are you talking about a feature that would block PM's from a certain member??? or are you talking about something where 'ignore' means u don't see any posts or messages from a certain user??? I like the 'block user' option, but the second might be a little extreme. I hope people start getting along!!!

BTW, I'm still rooting for the opposite: I wanna see a friend feature!!! And a gender feature, where if a user wanted to they could put "Roo" or "Hen" under their avatar....nothing for the admins to do, just if the user wanted to...

I'll stop hijacking!! Good luck!!!

i dont think it is a good idea...what if someone has a really important question?..and they are on ignore?...
well..on second thought..the ignore wont matter in that instance..because if the person dosent like you..they wont answer your question anyways...so..yeah..i guess..ignore would be an okay idea...
but..you know that i just have to say...i just wish people would stop being so sensitive..really.......unless it is a direct personal attack on their person.....but, disagreeing about religion, or how to handle a predator, or getting mad because someone you dont like posted on a thread, that you were posting on..LOL..(sounds kinda juvenile now, dosent it?..
old.gif
..) ...what exactly do you expect on a public forum?....if you just want to chat with your friends that think like you...then go to a pm or private chat thingy room....jeez....so, now, you all can put me on ignore..
tongue.gif
., Wendy

p.s., this is NOT directed to the OP at all...
smile.png
..(just wanted to clalrify that )

Quote:
Excellent point!!!! People need to live and let live.... That should be the BYC banner for a week!!!

NIFTY WILL BAN YOU IF YOU DON'T GET OVER IT!

Quote:
Excellent point!!!! People need to live and let live.... That should be the BYC banner for a week!!!

NIFTY WILL BAN YOU IF YOU DON'T GET OVER IT!

LOL..awesome idea!..
gig.gif

Quote:
I certainly agree. A forum is supposed to be an exchange of ideas. I think forum dwellers should be prepared to encounter differing opinions daily. (just like in the real world.)

Just for the record I myself have nobody in mind to ignore and likely never would ignore anyone. I am probably about the most tolerant person in here. I am sure a few might want to ignore me because my beliefs don't fit with the mainstream and I am about as diplomatic as a crocodile.
smile.png

I hope those that had issues with one another lately can come to an understanding. At least come to the conclusion agree to disagree and live and let live.

Back
Top Bottom