Imagination Station

If we watched more than we talked, and if we were more silent, we could observe.

§ Animal training, for instance, would be different than it is today. Instead of relying on our own verbal aids, we would probably be more keen to the animals body signals; and in return, communicate with our own. A much more intricate language would then develop between man and animal than we experience currently.

§ I bet the mortality rates would go up...people unable to call or yell for help when they are in trouble or hurting. For example, suppose a man injured his leg hiking, but managed to get someone's attention with a flare gun. While the person could see the flame from the flare, they might have a hard time finding the actual person due to no cries for help, or a lot of shrubbery and trees.

§ Some of our ways of communicating would be completely non-existent, such as radio and TV.

§ Writing may never have come into play, at least not in the way we do now. To know the words and the meaning, we also have to know their individual sound.

Telecommunications would be diminished. We would have less need for satellites. We would be able to spend the money that we do on phone bills on things that are more important.
The aviation industry would probably be quite impacted too, and probably wouldn't exist on as large a scale as it does today. Radio stations wouldn't exist. (Isn't that sad? :lol:)

Now I'm going to continue, because I had to leave halfway through writing that paragraph.

People would be more tired, because speaking takes less effort than signing with hands. Although I suppose if that was the way we always did it, that's what we'd be used to.
People would have to actually look at each other when having a conversation, because you can't just continue doing what you're doing and listen at the same time, because there would be nothing to listen to!
Businesses could rely less on advertising, and as a result there would be less of a market for "consumer discretionary" goods.

Yes, me too! I like hypothetical situations, they're a lot of fun to think about. I think I shall have to sign up to this thread for real, but I'd need a title.

I'd give you some suggestions for a title, but I have to go to bed. :p I gave myself a very 'un-imaginative' title.
lol.png

Yes, me too! I like hypothetical situations, they're a lot of fun to think about. I think I shall have to sign up to this thread for real, but I'd need a title.

I've sent Lealonna the form, so hopefully I should be on there soon. I picked "city chick" for my title, which was the best I could come up with at a time like this. :lol:

Basically, just "imagine if..." but with long replies. :p
At least I think so, I'm just going off what others have written, but I seem to have gotten the gist.

Back
Top Bottom