Imagination Station

Just throwing this out there - if you can't think of a good title you really like when you sign up, you can always PM to to change it later.

I am loving this discussion! We're getting a lot of good ideas here. Keep 'em coming! New Assignment tomorrow.

• I would fly around.
• People would float and go places they didn't mean to.
• Someone might get chopped up by a helicopter.
• Then again, airplanes and helicopters may not even be invented.
• My brother thinks people would have miniature jets that they fly around in.
• Horse backriding would be taken to a whole new level.
• Office meetings would turn into chaos with people flying around.
• Teenagers would die because of 'double dares' of who can fly the highest without dying.
• Cars would not be here.
• Roller coasters would throw people and instead of falling to the ground, people would go up, and up, and up.
• There would be cross-country cloud races.

The world as we know it would not exist!
lol.png
Magnets could be embedded underground alongside telephone and electricity wires to create some way of keeping everyone on the ground (but then, the magnets would influence the electric current and vice versa, so maybe we won't even be able to use telecommunications)

Everything would have to have a magnet attached to it, or be tied to the ground. Iron ore resources would deplete faster than they are currently doing so. That particular industry would boom! Perhaps mining would suddenly become a lot cheaper - blast a hole in the ground, and all the rock would come floating up for you to collect and process.

Planes and helicopters... there's a hard one. I think they'd still need to exist, because even without gravity nobody could fly at 520kt at over 30,000ft without experiencing some sort of detrimental effects to their health...
wink.png

Last edited:
Oh, but there's something else I'm forgetting to consider! If the earth had no gravity, it would also have no atmosphere... Isn't that a bummer? We couldn't have planes that work the way they do now, because there would be no air to provide the lift. We'd have to fly with rockets that work like the ones in outer space.

We'd all have to carry around oxygen, plants wouldn't be able to suurvive without carbon dioxide...

Yeah, I give up. If there were no gravity, then it's time to find a new planet to go inhabit.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom