Incubating eggs to hatch about August 8th

LOL....Kids!!!! ;)   Blob and veins are good for fast candling! I think we should definitely grant you an extra candle day because of your "kid distraction"...LOL! Everyone should be able to enjoy their candling experience to the fullest :thumbsup

Well, I shifted my early hatching banties so that I can lock them down as today is the19 for them so hope I get some fluffy butts by Tuesday. 9 eggs in lockdown.

Well, I shifted my early hatching banties so that I can lock them down as today is the19 for them so hope I get some fluffy butts by Tuesday. 9 eggs in lockdown.
YAY
wee.gif
good luck!!!
fl.gif

LOL..didn't type fast enough and yes with 2 days to go I would not chance it!

Hatch day started Thursday evening and continued until at least yesterday afternoon. Lost one straight off that started well but couldn't get out of the shell. Otherwise so far have 8 chicks. Not a good hatch rate, however my cat did turn the temperature down one night for who knows how long, and then had power outage week oh hatch. So I'm feeling good about having 8 successful babes, esp since all rare breeds to critically rare.
Thanks for y'alls help. I didn't chance the egg.
Laura

Hatch day started Thursday evening and continued until at least yesterday afternoon. Lost one straight off that started well but couldn't get out of the shell. Otherwise so far have 8 chicks. Not a good hatch rate, however my cat did turn the temperature down one night for who knows how long, and then had power outage week oh hatch. So I'm feeling good about having 8 successful babes, esp since all rare breeds to critically rare.
Thanks for y'alls help. I didn't chance the egg.
Laura
Congrats on your new babies!!! Post a picture when you get a chance
smile.png

Surprize in Minnesota!!!

I thought I was playing the August 8th hatch a long. I guess I am not. Today is day 25 of my 28 day pheasant hatch. I opened the lid on my cheap incubator to take the eggs out and lay them onto the hatching area. ( I wanted to give them 3 days to rest.)

This is what I found when I opened the lid:

Looks like I have a jumbo pheasant and one of the mutant ones......

PLEASE note the egg nearest the jumbo chick, the lighter one, there is a chick in that egg, however I think we broke it taking it out of the tray. It was stuck in the tray by gunk from a rotten egg next to it.

What do we do? Should we try to assist it? We are not sure if it is alive or not?

As far as the surprise goes, I guess the info saying 25 days for pheasant eggs is correct and
tongue.png
not the stuff saying 28...

We have a dozen more that are pecked and hatching and about a dozen that are not cracked yet.

Last edited:
Surprize in Minnesota!!!

I thought I was playing the August 8th hatch a long. I guess I am not. Today is day 25 of my 28 day pheasant hatch. I opened the lid on my cheap incubator to take the eggs out and lay them onto the hatching area. ( I wanted to give them 3 days to rest.)

This is what I found when I opened the lid:

Looks like I have a jumbo pheasant and one of the mutant ones......

PLEASE note the egg nearest the jumbo chick, there is a chick in that egg, however I think we broke it taking it out of the tray. It was stuck in the tray by gunk from a rotten egg next to it.

What do we do? Should we try to assist it? We are not sure if it is alive or not?

As far as the surprise goes, I guess the info saying 25 days for pheasant eggs is correct and
tongue.png
not the stuff saying 28...

We have a dozen more that are pecked and hatching and about a dozen that are not cracked yet.
Well congrats! Today must be surprise hatch day...LOL!!!!

For the egg that is open on the top, I would just make sure the membrane inside stays moist and doesn't dry around the chick. Can you see any veins across the membrane where the egg top is open? Hopefully this little one will cut through the membrane on its own...if not then you may need to assist, but I always make sure that when I do need to assist, I only help with the head area and top of egg if veins are not present. Than I let the chick release itself from the bottom of the egg, as it may need to still absorb the yolk.

Hopefully others with experience can comment as well
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom