Incubating eggs to hatch about August 8th

My hatch rate overall was pretty dismal, I need to sit and figure it out.

I always wonder if you should count from the beginning, every egg you set, or should you count after 7 day candle when you take out the unfertile eggs?

That makes a better htch rate.

Depends on what your are monitoring...

If you are monitoring your incubator setup to fine tune and tweak your incubation methods, you would not count clears/unfertilized or any other physically damaged eggs as they have no bearing on incubation practices...

If you are monitoring your mating pairs and/or your egg supplier to optimize yeilds, you most definitely should factor in clears/unfertilized in an overall 'yield' number, but not necessary a 'hatch' number...

Both were Jubilee Orpingtons and it's really depressing.
Sorry to be so weepy...
Lauraschicks

Am sorry for your loss so must weep with...

Depends on what your are monitoring...

If you are monitoring your incubator setup to fine tune and tweak your incubation methods, you would not count clears/unfertilized or any other physically damaged eggs as they have no bearing on incubation practices...

If you are monitoring your mating pairs and/or your egg supplier to optimize yeilds, you most definitely should factor in clears/unfertilized in an overall 'yield' number, but not necessary a 'hatch' number...

Got to love statistics! That is the one thing that I learned is that you can tweek stats to say most anything.

Overall I had about 20% but none of the eggs were mine, most were free, and the fertility rate on some was fery bad so I need to calculate from the viable/fertile eggs.

Hmmm
So Let me get this right..

I bought eggs, so beings they re not my egg, I can add 40% to the hatch.

Then subtracting the eggs I removed and those I marked as questionable at the first candling from the total I placed in the incubator.

I find I had very good hatch, just over 130%.

I love the way you chicken people are teaching me math, can't wait to show it to the IRS on my next audit!

Thanks!

Hmmm

I love the way you chicken people are teaching me math, can't wait to show it to the IRS on my next audit!

Thanks!
I think I just damaged my coccyx bone when I hit the floor guffawing! (Think I need to try that too!)
lau.gif

Chicken mathists UNITE! They're supposed to work for us, right!?
Hee-hee-larious!

My hatch rate overall was pretty dismal, I need to sit and figure it out.

I always wonder if you should count from the beginning, every egg you set, or should you count after 7 day candle when you take out the unfertile eggs?

That makes a better htch rate.

Hatched eggs / fertile eggs = hatch rate

For some reason I'm not having a good life with computers lately. My box only has 4 boxes. No smiley faces for me it seems...
Lauraschicks

...Although I do have 12 new chicks, though I must admit to a poor hatch rate on my shipped eggs as well. Out of 61 eggs in 2 incubators, I had 14 hatch and 2 die post birth, 1 had wry neck, fell onto the edge of the water with just his beak in it, but couldn't get back up, and one got knocked over by big blue demon, and never recovered. Both were Jubilee Orpingtons and it's really depressing.
Sorry to be so weepy...
Lauraschicks

Lots of sympathy! :hugs

Got to love statistics! That is the one thing that I learned is that you can tweek stats to say most anything.

Overall I had about 20% but none of the eggs were mine, most were free, and the fertility rate on some was fery bad so I need to calculate from the viable/fertile eggs.

I know of one person who only counts lock down divided by hatch. Talk about making stats say anything you want them to.....

Hmmm

I bought  eggs, so beings they re not my egg, I can add 40% to the hatch.

Then subtracting the eggs I removed and those I marked as questionable at the first candling from the total I placed in the incubator. 

I find I had  very good hatch, just over  130%.

I love the  way  you chicken people are teaching me math, can't wait to show it to the IRS on my next audit!

Thanks!

Rotflmbo!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm

I bought  eggs, so beings they re not my egg, I can add 40% to the hatch.

I find I had  very good hatch, just over  130%.

I love the  way  you chicken people are teaching me math, can't wait to show it to the IRS on my next audit!

Thanks!

So funny! :lau

I have an internal pip!
I have an internal pip!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

It's not too sad that I'm that happy about one internal pip on day 24 from four eggs, is it???
hide.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom