Incubating eggs to hatch about August 8th

: a fifth button? Button quail? Bellybuttons? What were you talking about? :

Everybody keeps telling me they have a fifth button for the emoticons...I haven't found it yet. :(
it should be along the top when you go to reply or post a comment. I don't have it when I use my phone though. I hope you figure it out... Nobody should be emoticonless(is that a word????) LOL

Last edited:
Thank you, Alaskan! :hugs

Thank you.

:lau

Congrats on the second duckling!!!
Also on your 252% hatch rate!  I'm sending eggs to your house for hatching!!! :thumbsup

Glad to see you again!!!
Sorry about your eggs; mine didn't hatch either. :hugs
Sorry your broody didn't buy into your rouse and that you lost the one.  (I lost one of my NH Red chicks I got from the hatchery a couple of weeks ago; same problem, pasty butt; I hope that's not a thing.)
Glad she checks in on them.
:hit with you; :hugs to help you :) again.

I have had multiple babes come with pasty butt, probably due to the stress of the travel? However each have survived with a daily butt bath. They don't much like it but they don't get clogged up that way. Maybe that can help...
I'm sorry you've lost your NH Reds babes.

it should be along the top when you go to reply or post a comment. I don't have it when I use my phone though. I hope you figure it out... Nobody should be emoticonless(is that a word????) LOL

i know! an emoticonless world is so sad and melodramatic...I often find I'm standing with the back of one hand against my forehead and fanning myself with the other

Last edited:

Everybody keeps telling me they have a fifth button for the emoticons...I haven't found it yet. :(

Emoticons are now off to the right... On your phone/tablet you will need to switch to desktop view as the mobile version of the site doesn't easily do emoticons, there is a button at the bottom of the page to do the desktop/mobile switch... If using Tapatalk on your phone/tablet you have to hit the options button on top to add emoticons...

Everybody keeps telling me they have a fifth button for the emoticons...I haven't found it yet.
sad.png
If you're on the Mobile site, then you kind of have to do your own emoticons and hope it comes out like it's supposed to.
If you're on the Desktop site, then there are several boxes at the top of the edit box and one of them has a smiley (among other things) in it, that's the box that has the "button" for the emoticons in it.
Does that make sense? I'm not all that tech savvy, but I like emoticons, so I've learned a lot about them. =D

It is now!!!
big_smile.png
wink.png
hugs.gif
yesss.gif
and last but not least...
highfive.gif

also several
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I have had multiple babes come with pasty butt, probably due to the stress of the travel? However each have survived with a daily butt bath. They don't much like it but they don't get clogged up that way. Maybe that can help...
I'm sorry you've lost your NH Reds babes.

Thank you. I only lost the one and I think it was a male; we ordered more than we planned on keeping just in case of something like this.
As soon as we knew what it was, we gave him baths (two days in a row) but he was dead the next morning.
He had been a whiner from the beginning, but it took me at least a day to realize that it was the same one whining all the time, then it took me another day to realize that it was pasty butt, then...I guess it was just too late by then.
hu.gif
I did my best and I've learned from the experience.

i know! an emoticonless world is so sad and melodramatic...I often find I'm standing with the back of one hand against my forehead and fanning myself with the other
lau.gif

Emoticons are now off to the right... On your phone/tablet you will need to switch to desktop view as the mobile version of the site doesn't easily do emoticons, there is a button at the bottom of the page to do the desktop/mobile switch... If using Tapatalk on your phone/tablet you have to hit the options button on top to add emoticons...

Ooooo, thank you!!! =D

To all my hatching buddies:
I, obviously, need a new hatching situation (incubator). I'm looking at a Hova-Bator (b/c it hatches more eggs than a Brinsea for about the same price). All I'm really stuck on is thermostat and automatic turning.
Anyone use a Hova-Bator?
Any advice or suggestions?

To all my hatching buddies:
I, obviously, need a new hatching situation (incubator).  I'm looking at a Hova-Bator (b/c it hatches more eggs than a Brinsea for about the same price).  All I'm really stuck on is thermostat and automatic turning.
Anyone use a Hova-Bator?
Any advice or suggestions?

I got the Brinsea since I needed one with the most consistent temps possible. (My house fluctuates a great deal). With the Brinsea, it is just kinda "whatever" if you want the auto turner or not. The Brinsea is super easy to hand rotate eggs, since you just roll the entire thing back or forwards to turn eggs.

Lots of people complain about cleaning the Brinsea, and it is true that all of the baby chick dust gets up into the top clear area. Every few hatches I unscrew the parts, clean it all, and then screw it back together. I don't mind, but it is why some people use two incubators, the Brinsea for the main incubation, and then something else as a hatcher. Of course, a separate hatcher would make staggered hatches MUCH easier.

Back
Top Bottom