Incubating eggs to hatch about August 8th

That is straight forward, it cannot be chicken math....

But I like the day two thing.  I just used those that lived 3 seconds outside the egg. :jumpy

:gig

However.... My kids left the door to the toy room open :mad: so my spouse saw that toy room is currently full of quail.

Luckily the quail and I are both allowed to stay in the house. :D

gig.gif

However.... My kids left the door to the toy room open
somad.gif
so my spouse saw that toy room is currently full of quail.

Luckily the quail and I are both allowed to stay in the house.
big_smile.png

QUICK open the window and claim they are outside birds that just flew in!

LOL
lau.gif
Ok so I didn't know fluff reduces fertility rates
sad.png
Mine were all bantam cochin.....PLUS shipped= only 1 egg hatching...aaaahhh
rant.gif
...but I LOVE bantam cochins
love.gif

When you reduce by fluff, and for using shipped eggs, add in a bonus for using a poor or homemade incubator, I am thinking your one chick will get you around 147% hatching rate.....

I think I finally have this chicken math down!!!!

ROTFLMBO...yes I confess it is possible that I have some clears in the incubator. I candled part of the eggs one day then did the rest a couple of days later. Might have missed some. But the ones that I fer shur did candle seemed to be developing.

2nd confession: I didn't candle a second time. I'm on day 23rd, and was going to give them until the 28th day...

But I figure this is a 0% hatch.

sad.png
Lauraschicks

We should write a book (we could probably write it from this thread alone lol): Confessions of a (bunch of) hatch-a-holic(s)

I'm sorry about your hatch rate.
hugs.gif

Thank you @calichicken did you really get only one bantam cochin?
hugs.gif

I agree, they are VERY cute, and keep tempting me. I have to say very firmly "no single combs!!!"

Oh, I prefer the single combs.
hu.gif

That is straight forward, it cannot be chicken math....

But I like the day two thing. I just used those that lived 3 seconds outside the egg.
jumpy.gif

It's not real chicken math. The real chicken math was the stuff that got us to a 157% hatch rate earlier in the thread.
wink.png

JK, well, half kidding...

gig.gif

However.... My kids left the door to the toy room open
somad.gif
so my spouse saw that toy room is currently full of quail.

Luckily the quail and I are both allowed to stay in the house.
big_smile.png

So glad you're allowed to stay (and that the quail even get to stay too)!!!
thumbsup.gif

QUICK open the window and claim they are outside birds that just flew in!

Yeah!

Or claim they're so tiny they ARE toys

wink.png

Right!

When you reduce by fluff, and for using shipped eggs, add in a bonus for using a poor or homemade incubator, I am thinking your one chick will get you around 147% hatching rate.....

I think I finally have this chicken math down!!!!

Yup!!! =D

However.... My kids left the door to the toy room open :mad: so my spouse saw that toy room is currently full of quail.

Glad I don't have to worry about that, I have 5 brooder/grow out setups in the house right now (three in the dining room and two in the living room) and even have a dedicated room in the basement for grow out...

My lady just goes with the flow...

Glad I don't have to worry about that, I have 5 brooder/grow out setups in the house right now (three in the dining room and two in the living room) and even have a dedicated room in the basement for grow out...

My lady just goes with the flow...

Soooo jealous! :drool Don't let that woman go!

Back
Top Bottom