INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my first attempt, I cracked it because I tried to drill in one pass using a 3/8" bit, and I don't think I was pressing it very hard. Lesson learned. You did great, and I'm certain your chicks will be very thankful for their new water dispenser!!!   :jumpy

These guys will be really thankful, as will I not having to clean shavings out of the water twice a day!

@Fire Ant Farmright ankle. Tomorrow is three weeks and it still has some swelling and is colorful. I hope to loose the brace after this week.
@casportpony is there somewhere to figure about how much in common measures that would be for a four or five pound bird? Thanks
@Sally Sunshine I hope you rest well and feel better tomorrow.
@Ur-ur-ur-urrr. I like your new coop. Does the run sit on the ground or go down in it?

I think I'm gonna pack it in, peoples; can't keep my eyelids from slamming shut.
Keep 'em straight, Ur & Chaos...catch y'all on the other side. :frow

Night Whites! :frow
Two empty incubators for the moment. The styro is now being used for coffee in bed. It's fun right now. I might stop doing it. Eventually

The hatch was complete with the 18 chicks. The last out is soooo adorable!

Your search is over! You can get three and 5 gallon bucket's from the bakery at any grocery store or Walmart. The frosting came in them. I occasionally see a store charge a dollar or two.

You are seriously drinking coffee out of a bator?? :eek:

-Banti

Two empty incubators for the moment. The styro is now being used for coffee in bed. It's fun right now. I might stop doing it. Eventually
The hatch was complete with the 18 chicks. The last out is soooo adorable!
Your search is over! You can get three and 5 gallon bucket's from the bakery at any grocery store or Walmart. The frosting came in them. I occasionally see a store charge a dollar or two.
I don't think the locals here tolerate empty bators very well. That's why I don't talk about mine!
wink.png

Wow... I never thought about Wally World. About due for a trip there anyway, so that'll come in handy! Might even find a little icing left in the buckets!!!
fl.gif
Thanks for the tip, MC!!!
hugs.gif

These guys will be really thankful, as will I not having to clean shavings out of the water twice a day!
They are messy boogers, that's for sure! What kind are they, and how old? I've found that my LF BR's couldn't work the nipples too well until they were a couple of weeks old. Younger chicks, and especially smaller breeds might take a little longer. Depends on how strong and how thirsty they are, I suppose...

@Ur-ur-ur-urrr . I like your new coop. Does the run sit on the ground or go down in it?
Thanks, daxi! It's just sitting on the ground. I thought about using posts to anchor it, but I found no need. As soon as I got the roof on and the coop boxed in, a big storm blow through with very high winds that didn't phase it. I'm guessing that's the reason you asked...

Thanks, daxi! It's just sitting on the ground. I thought about using posts to anchor it, but I found no need. As soon as I got the roof on and the coop boxed in, a big storm blow through with very high winds that didn't phase it. I'm guessing that's the reason you asked... 
actually I was asking because of predators digging under. I have one like it that is 8 x 12 that can be pulled around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom