INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I have about fifty chicks 2-6 weeks old in me coop on the floor 8.5x10. It is seventy degrees outside, but since there is a five by 2.5 foot window that faces West and I left a 125w heat lamp on, it is much warmer in there. I put in a 75 w normal bulb,but I turned it off for now. It is supposed to go down to 48 and up to 75 tomorrow. Should I leave it off tonight or just during the day tomorrow?

even with it off, they are far away.

@kwhites634 Tucker's babies are getting pretty big now and a few are starting to show the same sweet personality their Daddy had. I didn't spend much time with them as they were growing but now a few will come running when called for cuddles lol. The kids even named one Buddy lol
That's good to hear. I'll probably never know what turned him in the wrong direction; maybe it was just bad timing, with him coming into full maturity about the same time he got his own ladies that he didn't have to fight for. Maybe he saw me as a threat to his position. Who knows what goes through an animal's mind, or what might trigger unacceptable behavior. I have no clue why he felt it necessary to bite me while i was carrying him.

What i do know is that as soon as I can finish this new coop and get a run up I'm going to set some eggs from my hens; I'm anxious to see some of his get on the ground. I've only had one of my girls ever display any aggressiveness, and that was a broody on a large clutch that didn't want me messing with her; totally understandable. I have no idea what I'll get as far as color, but I'm betting they'll have pretty even temperaments. I hope so. Should be interesting, at least.

Need one of this?

Heck yes you pay shipping?
Ok sounds good - we've got tractor supply and a local feed store to choose from here in town. Just didn't know if there was anything people preferred or disliked compared to others. Thank you!
Ok I'll check it out...typically I go to TSC more often
So flock raiser will work for all ages?

Except chicks

I feed Purina for the first 10-12 weeks and then I switch to the local feed.

I switched to Layena w/oyster shells...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom