INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hugs.gif
Thanks, Bubbles...
hugs.gif

At what point of development does a chick begin to Chirp in the egg?
I candled the last of the eggs following Sally's video on how to do that One was Chirping I could see the beak moving in the shell So that was cool. one was moving. 3 I just saw dark with the air sack and 2 were empty. I set the 5 eggs in front of her and she took them back.
The chicks are no longer in broken shells and stinky poo.

There are 6 live chicks with her now I took a pic but it is fuzzy and hard to see.
It's usually when they've pipped internally.
wink.png

Ok, I have 2 incubators, the first ones I put in are hatching now. The ones' I put in for the HAL and the ones I put in on Christmas eve are in the first. I didn't label them very well. I missed one of the first group and it's still sitting in the other incubator, with the auto turner, low humidity etc. It's pip'd. Do I take it out and move it over to the other 'bator? Or do I turn off the egg turner and up the humidity?
Might be best to move them to the other bator so they're not on the egg turner, and the extra humidity won't affect the less developed eggs. You have to do it quickly, and get the humidity up really fast in the hatching bator. Damp sponges, mist the sides of the bator, etc... you know the drill.
thumbsup.gif

This very scenario is the main reason I won't do staggered hatches...
wink.png

That bad, huh?  Better get the shovels ready! :(

Oh no... not bad at all! You look like a sophisticated man with a head full of goobledy-goop... :lau

Shalom Joey,

it was a long working day, (11 lessons, 1 exam) but now after a good meal( by the grace of god) I am chatting with you good people,with a nice hot herb tea, it is very satisfying!

And how was yours?

Wow... that sounds like a very long day! A good meal and good friends takes your mind off of all those things. My day was long, and quite boring. My wife just got home from work, and neither of us feel very well. The weather here is giving both of us sinus headaches. Other than that, it was a great day!  

Sometimes , especially in cold weather , the thirst mechanism is not functioning optimally, and it can cause a fluid deficiency , which can be translated to Headache , do you make sure to drink enough ?

Might be best to move them to the other bator so they're not on the egg turner, and the extra humidity won't affect the less developed eggs. You have to do it quickly, and get the humidity up really fast in the hatching bator. Damp sponges, mist the sides of the bator, etc... you know the drill.
thumbsup.gif

This very scenario is the main reason I won't do staggered hatches...
wink.png
We did a 3 man switch, 1 on each bator and 1 on the egg. Got it moved super quick, added the extra sponge. Humidity only dropped to 58, but it's climbing. I think the second sponge will be too much, but we'll see. Thanks for the help!

I missed 1 12/26 hatch egg. That means I have one of the 1/1 hals in my lockdown. Oh well. live and learn.

Not sure when it pipped. I hope it's ok!

Sometimes , especially in cold weather , the thirst mechanism is not functioning optimally, and it can cause a fluid deficiency , which can be translated to Headache , do you make sure to drink enough ?
I never drink enough, Benny. The only time I drink during this time of year is if I make myself drink, or when I eat a meal. I drink a lot of coffee, but it doesn't provide the proper amount of fluid I should be taking in. I don't know why, but I suddenly feel thirsty...

Thank you for reminding me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom