Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

First timers. Two sat on rotten eggs for several weeks, without even trying to move them out of the nest.

I've got a better feeling on this last one though.. she's dreadfully protective. She seems to bathe at least once a day and her hutch is in a shaded area. The nest feels a little damp (not wet or anything). But still, she also made no effort to remove a decomposing egg.. so the mothering thing is still a little shaky. The remaining eggs smell fine, so :fl

It really should be any day now! Or well, within a week.

Ahhhh that would kind of explain it, first timers aren't the best at it but come the second round OMG watch out.. They get it then. Take out the bad eggs, last thing you need is for them to explode and have the entire group be ruined...

Ahhhh that would kind of explain it, first timers aren't the best at it but come the second round OMG watch out.. They get it then. Take out the bad eggs, last thing you need is for them to explode and have the entire group be ruined...

My thoughts exactly.

After finding the first pile of eggs several weeks into rotting... whew. Not risking it on this one.

She's getting used to me bugging her though. I put fresh water out, fresh food, tip over her house.. she gets a bath and a bite to eat and I check her nest. First few times she'd make a ruckus and fly off, now she just shuffles off with a "Hmpf, that time again".
lol.png

This waiting is killing me though!

My thoughts exactly.

After finding the first pile of eggs several weeks into rotting... whew. Not risking it on this one.

She's getting used to me bugging her though. I put fresh water out, fresh food, tip over her house.. she gets a bath and a bite to eat and I check her nest. First few times she'd make a ruckus and fly off, now she just shuffles off with a "Hmpf, that time again".
lol.png

This waiting is killing me though!

LOL PATIENCE, WAIT FOR IT, WAIT FOR IT..... lol

So I put four mostly incubated eggs in the Janoel four days ago... Humidity has been at about 30% since. Two of the eggs pipped yesterday, and I've been opening the bator several times a day to turn the peacock eggs and guess what's happened to the duck eggs in there with the low humidity?

-Kathy

So I put four mostly incubated eggs in the Janoel four days ago... Humidity has been at about 30% since. Two of the eggs pipped yesterday, and I've been opening the bator several times a day to turn the peacock eggs and guess what's happened to the duck eggs in there with the low humidity?

-Kathy

They decided to say hay woman how are you? Right? Lol

Back
Top Bottom