Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

Ive always said, "they don't need high humidity. ". do you believe me now??? LOL
But what about the myth that opening and closing the incubator shrink wraps them?
wink.png

-Kathy

But what about the myth that opening and closing the incubator shrink wraps them?
wink.png

-Kathy
Ive never believed that myth, I am probably the worst person on earth about opening and closing the bator, but never said anything because you know how many people would disagree. You for sure would have been on of them. LOL

Just like they need to be Locked down NO they don't

Lock down was invented for ONE reason, for us to not to touch them to let them do there thing. technically they don't need to be lockdown, In one of my forums, I testing the Lockdown Theory and I can tell you, I opened the bator every day three times a day just as if I was turning them, I never increased the humidity left it where I had it on day one and sure enough they hatched.

In fact, I have never locked down my chicken eggs OR took them off the turner. i can't tell you How many chickens have hatched while still on the turner. The only way I know they hatched is because the bator would start chirping. I don't keep track of my days, Except for my ducks, but chickens I never kept track of the days. I haven't for about a year now. My duck eggs I do ONLY if they were shipped to me, then I want to know when they are due, but my own eggs, I never keep track. it's all a guessing game for me.. Or Until I hear them chirp inside the bator. i keep my humidity down but right now I am struggling with it.

I have to admit I'm glad yours is peeping through, because we always bumped heads I say keep it low, you say nope get it up to 70-75%

So Congradulations for allowing your ducky to teach you something new. WOOO HOO welcome to my world. HAHAHAHHAHAH LOL

Back
Top Bottom