Incubation progress of Muscovy eggs

Yeah, about the same here, ducks on eggs all over the yard. Also have a gazillion peafowl eggs in the incubator. Have you hatched Muscovy eggs before?

-Kathy

No, this is my first ever hatch. I think the girls do amazing job regulating temperature, turning and all that activities. As at this morning there are 14 mixed eggs waiting to be sat on in the coop. There are three other Muscovy girls who are exhibiting signs of broodiness. I'm hoping one kicks in soon or else I'll have to toss some old eggs out.

We've got 15 left, we lost 3 early on. I think they just wandered off and either got lost or eaten by something
hmm.png
I had no idea momma was going to be walking around with them a day after hatching! They went through the chain link to the neighbors. I imagined them to stick closer to mom. So they're in a small pen now.

Anyway, any ideas what sort of colors we got going on? This is dad:

This is grandma:

I need a little help here. Muscovy hens have external pips. New moms. The one hen put some good cracks in an egg and I see a bit of blood. I think it's from the duckling not membrane. The other hens haven't externally pipped yet. She's a new mom too. Last broody cycle I tried to implant ducklings (not muscovies) under her and she refused them. They were 4 days old and I figured they were too old and she's a newby.
Aren't these supposed to be great moms??
The goal is for THEM to raise their babies, not me

Back
Top Bottom