Incubators Anonymous

last month mine always hatch laying..........for some reason had 3 pip from wrong end.....ended up having to help the 3 only lost one of them

I tried a test with my last hatch where I put 1/2 upright & 1/2 laying down at lockdown. I didn't see a diff in hatch rate. The side eggs get rolled around a lot as the first chicks pop out. I always get nervous about them being killed in the shell by an enthusiastic sibling. With the upright eggs, they stay in place, but I did have 2 chicks die b/c they pipped upside down.

My only hatch that didn't fail I incubated and hatched on their sides. There were other issues with the rest of the hatches, so I'm not swearing that's what killed any of them; that's just my limited experience.

Hello incubator addicts. Ive had my heart set on getting some chicks. But after building the coup, I can't fnd the breeds that I wanted. But I have found fertile eggs for sale. So it's hatch them myself or wait three months for the hatcheries to start selling. Can anyone tell me which incubators work best? Im thinking of getting a Hova-bator with an egg turner. Any advice for a newby would be great. :jumpy

Hello incubator addicts. Ive had my heart set on getting some chicks. But after building the coup, I can't fnd the breeds that I wanted. But I have found fertile eggs for sale. So it's hatch them myself or wait three months for the hatcheries to start selling. Can anyone tell me which incubators work best? Im thinking of getting a Hova-bator with an egg turner. Any advice for a newby would be great. :jumpy

I have and LG 9200 still air and a Hova genesis. I just got the Hova but so far so good! The lg thermostat is touchy but once you get used to it it's ok as long as the room temp stays about the same. The only thing I can't live without is my egg turner! I love that thing!!! Lol

I am in the middle of my first hatch in an older forced air Hovabator with Turner. Lockdown is tonight! It's kept the temp steady. I'll Let you know about my success rate soon.

Quote: A good chicken friend made it for me. He helped me make my upright brooders too. I have 1 3 stack and 2 2 stack brooders in the chick room. Each one can hold over a hundred chicks but they do better with fewer. They have wire floors with a poop tray so I can just take out the tray and clean them. LOVE them. Cocci is almost a non factor anymore.

We had our Silkie baby hatch this morning! Today is day 20. Or first silkie. S/he does have some porblems. right eye is not fully formed and has a cross over beak. Won't be used for breeding but will still get the chance at a life :)

Back
Top Bottom