Incubators Anonymous

Quote:
I completely agree - do not touch the dial once you have the temperatures steady. The room temperatures should stay steady too - and no hot or cold drafts. I can't use a Styrofoam incubator in my house.. see my signature line. I used to use them but I can't here.

Use warm water, and let the incubator return to the proper temperature over time. Since you don't say you have a fan it will take longer - but if you change the temperatures you will get spikes that can kill the growing embryos, or cause defects that will kill them at hatch.

If you can - put rocks under the grate, or bottles of water or something to use as a heat sinc. Those will radiate the heat back into the incubator after you open it and bring the temperature back steady more quickly. The temperatures will also drop when you first put the eggs in - do not change the temp dial then either.

I have a question for all of you incubator addicts. I have a farm innovators 4200 styrofoam incubator. The problem I am running into is when the I up the humidity, the temp drops. I then have to fiddle with the temp dial and well lets say my last hatch went really bad. This is only my third hatch.I won't get the eggs until Monday. Is there any way to fix this problem?
don't change a thing... it's normal to have slightly lower temp reading with higher humidity. especially with digital thermometers/hygrometers. humidity messes up the readings...

but if it's solid when running normally, nothing should change when you increase the humidity for lockdown. constant fiddling with it is going to cause problems.

I haven't adjusted the thermostats on any of my 4 hovabators in 2 years now.

i just got pics of our eggs from me hatching in the philippines

LL

welcome bruce.

i have 400 eggs in my bedroom, in my apartment, dont expect a 12 step program here.

we are enablers

Speaking of--- Oz do you have any guineas set? You really need some. I just listed my first Auction!! I have hatched over 150 guineas this year and need to sell the 40 or 50 I still have (and the 20 or so under the broody) before I set any more. Figured they would have stopped laying by now. They are determined to sabotage my efforts to pull the plug !!

Speaking of--- Oz do you have any guineas set? You really need some. I just listed my first Auction!! I have hatched over 150 guineas this year and need to sell the 40 or 50 I still have (and the 20 or so under the broody) before I set any more. Figured they would have stopped laying by now. They are determined to sabotage my efforts to pull the plug !!
I have 18 guineas hatched and 38 eggs in the golf bag

Back
Top Bottom