IncuCube Bator

Quote:
It depends on what you want to spend I tried this one as the cost was good and it's small I didn't want another huge one. The more money you spend really the better the incubator and you can make a good one cheap if you don't care on how much space it takes up.....I just bought a used turn-x so I could go camping and not have my DH turn eggs for me other than the fan makes noise and just a little that is a queen holds the temp and humidity and if I hatch in it I'll be able to see great and easy to clean. My 39.00 china special works great too easy to clean really other than adding water to it and turning the eggs the hatch rate if I have good eggs is great. So start looking at then google incubators on here and start reading.

I set four duck eggs the beginning of the month. I had so many things going on I didn't mark the date or really monitor the incubator much. Just check the temps. from time to time and added water when needed. I expected to remove the turner today, but yesterday one had already started hatching. yikes.

I had one bad egg at two weeks. One is still hatching, nothing from the other two yet.

Considering I have no idea what I'm doing and didn't worry over it, I think things are working great.

woot.gif
Congrats on the babies this incubator is so easy to look into so you can watch them I hope your others hatch soon

I had about a 60% hatch rate using the IncuCube to hatch a batch of Cortunix Quail , I did have to hand turn however..which I don't like to do.

So I am going to say, buy a Brinsea Eco 20 with turning cradle. you'll never want nor need another bator again. It's perfect.

Dan

I set 6 WH duck eggs July 6th.. I candled them on the 4 and 7 th day. Hand turned 3 times a day... they were sitll clear and nothing showed to be forming.. Temps ranged from 99.3 to 99.9. humidity from 40 percent to 60 percent.. On the 14 th I cracked them all open to see why they didn't form and found that Stanley must be shooting blanks right now. Could it be that its gotten hot here now?? or is mating season over.. They are14 months old.
I had a little trouble getting the temps regualted .. it took me at least 3 weeks to finally get them right..

Well, I fired up the incCube once more. waiting on some eggs to arrive and see how it does this time with the new top. My last 2 tries were total failures. My last try the bator quite working properly and they all ended up dying under a heating pad. So wish me luck!

Mine is in retirement for now. I had a silky hatch out 7 mixed eggs for me, and now I have my other silky setting on 8. So far she's sittin tight on all 8 of them. Better than what I did with the InCube. I haven't had any luck with it. i think it was a waste of money. I bet they're not sellin very well either.

Has anyone started up their incucube??? I lent mine to member last month and she cranked it up and said it was holding temps really well.. then when the chicks were starting to peck through temps dropped to 68 degrees.. heating element went out.. This was the replacement element they had sent for the other that went out.. Man.. I'm glad she tried it on quail eggs before she set duck eggs. Still sick about the quail babies not making it..
Hoping she can replace heating element and still use for future hatches..
I ordered a brinsea Oct. 20 eco.. after I sent her the incucube..

Hope they get the heating element problem fixed.. Still think it would make a good little incubator//

Back
Top Bottom