Incuview Incubator

I received my Incuview from IW on Friday and got it set up right away. I haven't put any eggs into it yet, but I've noticed the temp seems to be running a little high, according to an acurite hygrometer/thermometer I've been using to check Temps in my other incubators. It's consistently running between 100 & 101. I tried changing the room temp to the 65-70 and left it for 15 hours only to find no change in the incubator temp. The room temp is around 69 at night and 73 during the day. I have the incubator set up on a finished wooden table. If I put something between the table and incubator (possibly a sheet of foam or even a flat cardboard box, should this help even out the temp? If I change the temp on the incubator to 98.3, I get a steady 99, but that worries me. This hygrometer/thermometer checked Temps in a Brinsea and a NR360 and and read 99 for both, for over 12 hours. I feel like the problem isn't the incuview, but rather the lack of any kind of insulation, but I am oftentimes wrong, so I wanted to reach out to ask for help. I should add that I haven't added water to test humidity so maybe that's throwing it off? It's been so humid here in NC and I don't have problems with that normally, so I was going to work on that as my eggs sit today (going to pick them up from the post office now). After browsing this thread, I noticed someone using a Producer's Pride brooder thermometer. I have one of those, so I'll stick it in there to see what it's reading whenever I get back. I'm going to go ahead and put at least a box under the incuview but hope to hear what you think. Thank you so much for reading and helping.

I received my Incuview from IW on Friday and got it set up right away. I haven't put any eggs into it yet, but I've noticed the temp seems to be running a little high, according to an acurite hygrometer/thermometer I've been using to check Temps in my other incubators. It's consistently running between 100 & 101. I tried changing the room temp to the 65-70 and left it for 15 hours only to find no change in the incubator temp. The room temp is around 69 at night and 73 during the day. I have the incubator set up on a finished wooden table. If I put something between the table and incubator (possibly a sheet of foam or even a flat cardboard box, should this help even out the temp? If I change the temp on the incubator to 98.3, I get a steady 99, but that worries me. This hygrometer/thermometer checked Temps in a Brinsea and a NR360 and and read 99 for both, for over 12 hours. I feel like the problem isn't the incuview, but rather the lack of any kind of insulation, but I am oftentimes wrong, so I wanted to reach out to ask for help. I should add that I haven't added water to test humidity so maybe that's throwing it off? It's been so humid here in NC and I don't have problems with that normally, so I was going to work on that as my eggs sit today (going to pick them up from the post office now). After browsing this thread, I noticed someone using a Producer's Pride brooder thermometer. I have one of those, so I'll stick it in there to see what it's reading whenever I get back. I'm going to go ahead and put at least a box under the incuview but hope to hear what you think. Thank you so much for reading and helping.

Hi there, it seems possible that you have your room temperature setting too low. Where did you have it set before and have you tried it at the next level up?

I think somewhere in this thread, people have found to keep it in the open box it came in.. at least that's what I do

If the box doesn't fix your issue you may want to double check with IW directly. If it's a calibration issue, they can probably walk you through it. I know your eggs have arrived and you're wanting things to be just right for them asap.

In my experience, adding insulation whether by using the box or a towel increases the efficiency of the heater and makes the incubator run warmer.

Maybe I should just move the incubator to another location because it is running too warm now, according to my acurite thermometer/hygrometer it's running consistently at 100-101. This same thermometer reads 99 in a Brinsea and NR360, so I feel like it's accurate. It's not located near a vent now but is in a corner, so maybe cool air is collecting and the incubator believes it needs to warm more?
***Editing to clarify that the acurite hygrometer/thermometer reads the Brinsea and Nuture Right 360 at the same temp on their digital temp display, so I believe it's calibrated correctly.
Also, the incubator seems to be running too warm (display reads 99.6, I believe, and my thermometer reads between 100 and 101). I am hoping to figure out the best way to stabilize everything in hopes of a smooth incubation

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom