INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Must love Indiana weather.....if it's not cold it's wet! Need a goat to mow, the ground is so dang saturated my tractor sinks.

We just got our buckling, I tether him when I am outside, right next to me. He is the best weed eater I have owned yet!
big_smile.png

Here are some pictures of my "Araucanas"

I hear they are a new, "rare" tailed variety of the Araucana
wink.png

What I don't get is, why are they all labed Araucana if they aren't actually? I mean, it has a tail!!!

Here are some pictures of my "Araucanas"

I hear they are a new, "rare" tailed variety of the Araucana
wink.png

What I don't get is, why are they all labed Araucana if they aren't actually? I mean, it has a tail!!!

Alot of hatcheries or stores mis label them. If you go to farm store and they say Araucana then 99% of the time they are either Ameraucanas or EE's. I got some from a store while back and the sign said Aruacanas. I looked at them and they had tails and their tuffs were not the same. You can find some Araucanas that have tails but its unusual.

Quote: They are lovely tho! Bright eyed and inquisitive for sure.

Hello from Terre Haute. Loving my new chicks!
welcome-byc.gif
and so happy you joined our thread!
frow.gif

Quote:
Oberhasli, this is my first milk breed that I will be milking, I get my doeling next week. I have had nubian, pigmy and "mutts" also, they are always pets and weed control. We have talked about meat goats but I can't get past the "pet" factor, I'd feel like I was eating my dog
sickbyc.gif
But I have tried it before at other's houses. Reminds me a lot of venison. But I sure will raise hogs, turkey or chicken for the table! We may eventually try it, but I won't be able to process them myself. Just love goats too much!

They are lovely tho! Bright eyed and inquisitive for sure.
Thanks! They are still very shy of me! I've only had them a day though so I'm not worried. They have learned they will get treats (veggies and the occasional mealworm) when I come down and visit!

On that, does anyone not feed mealworms? I have heard that too many of them will cause their kidneys to shut down. I cut back to one or two times a week instead of everyday when I saw that
sad.png
I don't want my chickies getting sick! But they sure are the best treat for winning over a chicken's heart!

Back
Top Bottom