INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

They are selling all their animals. The girls father said he is tired of how poorly his daughter treats them. So I wasn't supporting abuse. The girl is 15 years old and her dad said she wasn't suppose to let them keep breeding. I had my friends buy the rest of their animals. I found an old lady ( Thats what she told me to call her! not my own option! She didn't give me a name lol just said call her old lady!) with a farm for all chickens and geese, had to help transport them to her farm. Geese in your back seat... people driving next to me thought I was yelling at them!! , and my friends bought the muscovies and goats. The father says he will not let his daughter have any other pets till she brings her grades up and learns responsibility. The daughter gave me a pretty bad attitude as if I was stealing her pets. You could tell she wasn't happy. And I did in fact report them.

WELCOME!! Not Too Far away from you! Glad you could join us!

Sounds like you went the extra mile to get those animals into a better situation! I hope it plays out that the father sticks to his intentions and doesn't let the girl have more animals. I can picture a scenario where she justifies to herself that with the horde gone, she has plenty of room and time to get "just a few", and start again.

God bless that "old lady"! I hope she doesn't get over her head!

She didn't seem very old to me. Maybe 55-65 years old. Her farm is gorgeous too! Had a fountain in her lake. Pretty big lake too. Made me jealous! She even offered to give me fresh cow milk and 1 dozen chicken eggs and some freezer meat but I kindly turned her down.

Oh update on the next door property!!! The city is going to demolish the abandon house and flatten then land. $10,000 for 5 acres. Once done I'm digging a pond! And making a huge flight pen! Anyone know of cheap but strength netting?

Hi Guys, can anyone give me the name of a vets that is good with waterfowl in the Southwest area please.
Thank you

Last edited:
She didn't seem very old to me. Maybe 55-65 years old. Her farm is gorgeous too! Had a fountain in her lake. Pretty big lake too. Made me jealous! She even offered to give me fresh cow milk and 1 dozen chicken eggs and some freezer meat but I kindly turned her down.

Oh update on the next door property!!! The city is going to demolish the abandon house and flatten then land. $10,000 for 5 acres. Once done I'm digging a pond! And making a huge flight pen! Anyone know of cheap but strength netting?
Wow! How awesome!

Since I mentioned them, I thought I'd introduce y'all to my girls from my Sand Hill order. :D I got at least one pullet of each breed I got, so that was a surprise! With my luck with straight run chicks, I was expecting one or two pullets, period! :lol: I actually didn't do too badly overall, 6 pullets and 8 cockerels.
I got pretty lucky with mine. 1 roo, 4 pullets!

Thats exactly how I found my barred hen. She was roosting and found dead under her roost.

I just lost a barred rock hen like that too! Wonder if it is a weakness in the breed?

Anyone know of any local places I can find barley? I want to start growing my own fodder, but can't seem to find anything that isn't online..

There's a Garden Center on the NW side of Indy on 71st street. Locally owned. I buy gallon bags of varying types of fodder seeds in the winter time to sprout for my chickens. They probably carry it year round. I believe it's called literally the Garden Center.

OH NO! Ana's got the ick. I just don't know which ick. Ana's a 17wk old Buff Orp. Anyone have any direction for me? It's just her eye. It's very swollen and seems a little foamy. No nasal drip, crop is fine, tummy seems fine. We've got her inside and separated from the rest. I have noticed since we brought her in that her poop is VERY liquidy.

From what I've found other places, I should clean her eye gently with some plain water and probably get her some real yoghurt.

Thoughts, suggestions, input, feel goods?

IMG_0267.JPG IMG_0269.JPG IMG_0271.JPG IMG_0272.JPG IMG_0273.JPG

Back
Top Bottom