INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Sorry, I don’t keep ducks anymore. The Chinese geese are the only waterfowl I have. (Not planning to sell any of their eggs.)

Geese don’t seem to lay long enough for me to get sick of hatching them out. But who knows? This is the first year that I’ve had two geese laying.
I would be interested in the brown ones 😁 I’m a little closer to Indy now 😂

Thank you. As of this coming Friday I will have 2 incubators going. In 1 I have indio Gigante, Denzili Longcrower, Flarry Eye Gray, Crevecoeur, Lavender/Lavender Split Wyandotte, Gold Deathlayer, Russian Spangled Orloff, Mechelen Turkey Head and a couple of ours. Friday I will be putting Black Copper Marans, Black Pina Pinta Asturiana, Lemonhead Owlbeard, and a assortment of Rainbow colored eggs.

Thank you! That's great, kids love to get involved, just need us to help them and appreciate that they want to learn more! I am working on the members list now. I added you to my "likes" on FB!

I will contact a moderator to add anyone that's willing to keep us going. We need several people to contribute and help keep us active! The trick is to have people active and willing to edit, add and make our thread alive.I grew up in lake county. Been a resident here 49 years (- 8 months, born in Michigan) There's a huge amount of people involved in poultry here. Many just need a link to start.
Good morning! I just posted in another thread. But wondering if anyone in this group knows of a good breeder in central Indiana of heritage breed birds. Would love some Salmon Favorelles. And may be interested in other breeds.

Thank you! 😊

I’ve got some jumbo quail hatching right now. So tiny. I had to lighten the pic because this one is dark. Probably a Tuxedo or Tibetan quail. (Most will be Pearl)
C114402E-C419-4F9E-A799-31FAE6CE7A72.jpeg

And here's "Miss Take"
She hatched early (Monday) but was supposed to hatch today.

We set the quail eggs on the same day so allowed the hen to sit on what we thought were 4 infertile eggs. Oops. Oh well, I just let the serama keep the ONE egg.

I'm pretty good about getting hens to adopt chicks but the chance of success is far greater if all are added within 24 hours.

I had to pull the chick out on Monday or the hen might decide she has an only child and attack any new chicks. It's important for me that the hen raises all the quail.

"Miss Take" bonded with me but was reunited with her mama and 15 quail siblings today.
D3B2281D-13B4-4048-BA82-FB961E502C57.jpeg

81E9EBF1-27B1-4DE0-B1EF-207C5E0C5782.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom