Indiana Chicken People (list)

I am just beginning to check out the posts on Backyard Chickens and saw there was a page for Indiana chicken lovers, so thought I'd jump in. I am planning for a backyard flock of six chickens for next spring. I live in Indianapolis, in Irvington, and have several friends/neighbors who have small flocks in their back yards. I am full of questions and expect to make good use of this website.

Glad to see someone start this up again!! I did not make it to any of the get togethers for one reason or another, then the people who were so involved, stopped. I have not been on like I used to be, but am interested in others chickens!!
Goobhen

Hi I'm in brown county. I have 12 layers, 5 new bantams, and a couple of cute ducks. I bought my first layers about ten years ago and then took a seven year break. Ive been back in the cute lil chicken biz for about three years now. :) I'm actually looking too add a nigerian dwarf dairy goat some time in the near future. Anyone have any experience with those or know of a farm that might have some for sale?

Hi I'm in brown county. I have 12 layers, 5 new bantams, and a couple of cute ducks. I bought my first layers about ten years ago and then took a seven year break. Ive been back in the cute lil chicken biz for about three years now.
smile.png
I'm actually looking too add a nigerian dwarf dairy goat some time in the near future. Anyone have any experience with those or know of a farm that might have some for sale?

Glad to see someone start this up again!! I did not make it to any of the get togethers for one reason or another, then the people who were so involved, stopped. I have not been on like I used to be, but am interested in others chickens!!
Goobhen

I am just beginning to check out the posts on Backyard Chickens and saw there was a page for Indiana chicken lovers, so thought I'd jump in. I am planning for a backyard flock of six chickens for next spring. I live in Indianapolis, in Irvington, and have several friends/neighbors who have small flocks in their back yards. I am full of questions and expect to make good use of this website.

I'm not on the list.
I live in Roachdale Indiana
Putnam County

frow.gif
The thread starter here no longer appears active, therefore the list cannot be updated. We have a new, very lively and active thread here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/730582/indiana-bycers-here you are welcome to just post and jump in, we would love to see you there!

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I don't actually own chickens but I am looking to purchase in approx 3 weeks somewhere between 50 and a hundred white cornish hens (boilers) which are around 42 days old. Do any of you have something like that?

Thank you

Delawaremommy, Indianapolis, IN
4 beautiful Delaware pullets (15 weeks as of 9/2/13), no eggs yet, they don't roost but sleep piled up in the corner even when it is in the 70's at night!! They love their supervised free range play time and their dog sister Poppy (5 year old puggle who thinks they are her children!) They terrorize the cat which I find funny. Pay back is a witch my little furry black friend!!

Hey, thanks for dropping and saying, hi. We actually no longer use this thread, click the link in the forth message up on Jchnnys last message and post there. It is the recent Indiana thread. Look forward to seeing you there.

Back
Top Bottom