Indiana Chickenfest 2014

Is there anybody from central-northern indiana that is going to Chickenfest that would be willing to transport a hen from chickenfest to their home? I will pick her up, but I can't make it to chicken fest.

I am just north of Indianapolis, I would be willing but hopefully someone closer to you can get her further north.

As far as what I have available, it seems the list keeps getting longer! All prices negotiable!

*Several day to week old silkie chicks (they will be around 2-3 wks by chickenfest). Various colors. CHICKENFEST SPECIAL $2 each
* 1-2 barred split for lavender bantam Cochins. They will also be around 2-3 wks old by chickenfest. $5 each
*Young trio (looking like there is atleast 2 pullets and the other is looking like a pullet as well) LF partridge wyandottes $15 for trio around 8 wks old
*Chocolate orpington cockerel $10 around 8 wks old
*Splash modern game cockerel $8 around 8 wks old
*Birchen modern game cockerel $8 around 6 wks old
*Black modern game cockerel $10 around 5 months old
*Black breasted Black modern game hen $25 age unknown
*Splash with gold showgirl (unsexed) $10 around 8 wks old
*Buff Partridge Brahmas (3 available, all unsexed, atleast 2 look like pullets) $6 each/$15 for all around 8 wks old
*Bielfelder pair $30 (roo is small for age but starting to grow quite a bit now) NOTE: I'm pretty confident the pullet is a bielefelder, but may possibly be a non crested legbar these autosexing breeds look so much alike at young age. But again, pretty confident.
*Silkie cockerels/roosters. I have a white, partridge (beautiful color, not good crest), and blue with gold leakage all hatched beginning of feb. Have a blue with silver leakage who is a little younger than the previously listed. $5 each. All very well behaved. (Some of these maybe sold)

Hatching eggs
Lavender barred bantam cochin
Silkie (mixed color flock)
Silkie/showgirl in partridge, white, or black/blue pen
Crested cream legbar (Still getting some pullet eggs)
I can probably round up some Birchen Marans as well, but have 3 broody hens so can't do many.
Also mix eggs from NN, white rock, and brown leghorns covered by the Marans roos.

Still have most available. I also can add
a few blue and splash partridge brahma cockerels $8 each
3 Brown red modern game hens $25 each

I posted on main thread: I can/will bring a few table cloths, some napkins and paperplates. We still need plastic ware (eating utensils), and don't forget your beverages (family friendly of course). I will have t drive several hours to get there so I am going to cook the meat dishes ahead of time and freeze them to b sure they are kept food safe! I will bring my large crock pot to reheat the BBQ beef, can someone please bring a crock pot to reheat the hotdog sauce in? While I was talking to my daughter the other day she told me I really need to bring my pasta salad to share! I plan on bringing some ziploc bags for leftovers... I won't have room on the return trip home t bring food home with me so you all b prepared t take home leftovers! Lol!!!
Can you all tell I am super excited for this weekend?
I'll b camping at the Whitewater camp ground (space 119), arriving late Thursday pm! I need directions from there to the Chickenfest site...please!

So we were goign to get a nice BIG playhouse this weekend, get it all set up as our BIG coop this week, then know how much money we had and hoped to get some more chickens Saturday, and now the playhouse fell through and I am being tortured on a daily basis! ARGH!
barnie.gif

I'm waiting for a couple of fencing estimates but I really am wanting the goats.

I forgot to mention that among the things I am bringing are NAMETAGS!!!!!

About the Children coming . . .
There's a playground outside, but I wonder about other things to entertain them. I still have some toys stored from my kids' collection. My mom (now deceased) always taught me to keep toys in the house in case of visitors who bring their children. I have things from all age levels. Duplo blocks, other building types of toys, games for all age levels, and of course, art supplies. If those who are bringing children will list their ages, I can bring a few things. Kids always like something different to play with.
You might want to bring child-sized lawn chairs.

Hen Saddles ~
ChickCrazed asked about them on page 4. Minminme~ are you bringing aprons to sell? I think you made some before. If not, Chickcrazed, you can PM PeacefulWalls because she makes them. She can't come to Chickenfest, though.

Free Items~
I'm going to bring a few buckets we have that originally had pool chemicals in them. I'm sure they could be used for some purpose. I'm also bringing some hardware items like screws, etc. and some tools if anyone wants them. They're cleaned and sorted. We have toolboxes from our parents' homes as well as our own-- too much stuff. I'm going to dig through the garage some more to see what else we don't need. We're just at the time of our lives that we want to get rid of clutter.

Plants ~ Also free if anyone is interested. We have lots of catmint plants, catnip plants, lemon balm plants, (chickens don't like to eat them) --and probably more. I'll have to check. Unfortunately, our beautiful green, thin-leaf Japanese Maple produced one seedling, which broke!! Normally, we'd have at least ten seedlings growing. So let me know if anyone is interested in my free plants because I don't want to dig up/transport them if no one is interested.

[COLOR=8B4513]I forgot to mention that among the things I am bringing are NAMETAGS!!!!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=A52A2A]About the Children coming . . .[/COLOR]
[COLOR=8B4513]There's a playground outside, but I wonder about other things to entertain them. I still have some toys stored from my kids' collection. My mom (now deceased) always taught me to keep toys in the house in case of visitors who bring their children. I have things from all age levels. Duplo blocks, other building types of toys, games for all age levels, and of course, art supplies. If those who are bringing children will list their ages, I can bring a few things. Kids always like something different to play with. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=8B4513]You might want to bring child-sized lawn chairs.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=A52A2A]Hen Saddles ~[/COLOR]
[COLOR=8B4513]ChickCrazed asked about them on page 4.  Minminme~ are you bringing aprons to sell? I think you made some before. If not, Chickcrazed, you can PM PeacefulWalls because she makes them. She can't come to Chickenfest, though.[/COLOR]I do plan on bringing some aprons if I can get them finished before Thursday (that's when I'm leaving home).

[COLOR=A52A2A]Free Items~[/COLOR]
[COLOR=8B4513]I'm going to bring a few buckets we have that originally had pool chemicals in them. I'm sure they could be used for some purpose. I'm also bringing some hardware items like screws, etc. and some tools if anyone wants them. They're cleaned and sorted. We have toolboxes from our parents' homes as well as our own-- too much stuff. I'm going to dig through the garage some more to see what else we don't need. We're just at the time of our lives that we want to get rid of clutter.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=A52A2A]Plants ~[/COLOR] [COLOR=8B4513]Also free if anyone is interested. We have lots of catmint plants, catnip plants, [/COLOR][COLOR=8B4513]lemon balm plants, (chickens don't like to eat them) --and probably more. I'll have to check. Unfortunately, our beautiful green, thin-leaf Japanese Maple produced one seedling, which broke!! Normally, we'd have at least ten seedlings growing. So let me know if anyone is interested in my free plants because I don't want to dig up/transport them if no one is interested.[/COLOR]

Okay, here is what I'm bringing:

2 Alligator tails (one beef and Swiss, one turkey and cheddar)
Gluten-free potato bread
Amish sweet rolls
Kaiser rolls (IF I can manage to bake them correctly! Although, I might bring them anyway as dinner rolls if nothing else.)
Utensils to cut and serve some of these with, and probably baggies for leftovers as well

Here's what I *can* bring if anyone is interested or wants me to:

Feed bags (I have 4 or 5 green ones and one yellow one; the rest have been sitting around too long.)
Cat litter buckets for use as nests (probably only 6 or so; not sure how many will fit in the truck)
Paper towels (for napkins?); Possibly paper plates as well, but I don't know if I have enough for everyone
Trash bags
Eggs! :lol:

Oh, I was going to bake cookies as well, but it looked like plenty of people were bringing their own.

I wish I had more to contribute. :/ I'll do what I can, though! :)

I think that's it for us. It'll just be me and my mom coming, and we're both "grown-ups". :D

Back
Top Bottom