Indiana Chickenfest 2014

Was there someone else planning on bringing their dog? I think it was a bull dog or something close to it. I'd like to bring mine. Friendly dog.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm definitely bringing a fresh black bean salsa and chips. Not sure what else. I can also bring paper products (plates, plastic ware, napkins, etc) and anything else needed.
Cant wait to try the salsa! Hoping I have time to make some of mine too.

If Janet can help with transport I'd like t get one of the buff Orps from Jsummers... Only one though!
PM her, and I can do it for you! let me know what works out
wink.png

I was relieved to hear the barb s is coming to Chickenfest, especially after all the work she's done keeping track of rsvps and questions, etc.

barb asked me to add a few members who weren't on the spreadsheet. Apparently it's a finicky spreadsheet.
I added:

pipd and her info

bradselig and info except I said to Please see the Chickenfest Thread for list of poultry for sale (since I don't have all night to transcribe that list!) lol

CRSelvey with no info yet. She and I are co-chairing the "Door Prizes" committee.

I'm also bring some chicken-related games and chicken-related music. (Bet you can't wait!)
Hehe my dh will love the music I bet!

I posted on main thread: I can/will bring a few table cloths, some napkins and paperplates. We still need plastic ware (eating utensils), and don't forget your beverages (family friendly of course). I will have t drive several hours to get there so I am going to cook the meat dishes ahead of time and freeze them to b sure they are kept food safe! I will bring my large crock pot to reheat the BBQ beef, can someone please bring a crock pot to reheat the hotdog sauce in? While I was talking to my daughter the other day she told me I really need to bring my pasta salad to share! I plan on bringing some ziploc bags for leftovers... I won't have room on the return trip home t bring food home with me so you all b prepared t take home leftovers! Lol!!!
Can you all tell I am super excited for this weekend?
I'll b camping at the Whitewater camp ground (space 119), arriving late Thursday pm! I need directions from there to the Chickenfest site...please!

We can bring another crock pot. How big do you need?

Thanks to everyone that offered to help me get the hen here!
You guys are all awesome!
Since Barb is able to go again (soooo happy for her!!) she is going to bring her.

Thanks again, everyone!

Indiana BTC Tshirt Information!
smile.png

The Tshirts were shipped yesterday from the vendor and are on the way to me. The vendor is the family business (Knots & Spots in NW Indiana) of our member, BryLT3. She said that the shirts turned out great! I will bring Chickenfest attendees their shirts on Saturday. You can pay me then, or use the following options:

PayPal Instructions

You'll need my email: [email protected]
Here’s how to send money:
  1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Send Money.
  3. Enter the my email address and the amount you want to send.
  4. Select Purchase or Personal, then choose the reason for the payment. (If you click Personal, I won't be charged a percentage by PayPal)
  5. Click Continue.
  6. Review the amount, the payment method, and shipping address.
  7. Add a message (if you want to), then click Send Money.
PayPal sends a recipient to my email to let me know that you sent me money.

If you'd like to send a Check, my address is:

Julie Haddan
8511 Larch Lane
Evansville, IN 47710

Anyone want to start making their own Kefir? I can bring some Kefir grains for you. Just PM me. They multiply so we have an abundance! Kefir is so easy to make and the homemade stuff has way more probiotics than the store bought.

Barb S - so happy to hear you are coming!

[COLOR=8B4513]I was relieved to hear the barb s is coming to Chickenfest, especially after all the work she's done keeping track of rsvps and questions, etc.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=8B4513]barb asked me to add a few members who weren't on the spreadsheet. Apparently it's a finicky spreadsheet.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=8B4513]I added:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=8B4513]pipd and her info[/COLOR]

[COLOR=8B4513]bradselig and info except I said to Please see the Chickenfest Thread for list of poultry for sale (since I don't have all night to transcribe that list!) lol[/COLOR]

[COLOR=8B4513]CRSelvey with no info yet. She and I are co-chairing the "Door Prizes" committee. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=8B4513]I'm also bring some chicken-related games and chicken-related music. (Bet you can't wait!)[/COLOR]

Oh, thanks for adding me! The spreadsheet wouldn't load at all for me when I posted last night, but now it's opening fine. Strange. :confused:

Food sounds yummy! If no one takes the feed bags, I can use them!

They're all yours. :) I didn't think about it, but I'll probably have at least 2 more green ones by this Saturday. Friday's feed run day. :lol:

Last edited:
Indiana BTC Tshirt Information!
smile.png

The Tshirts were shipped yesterday from the vendor and are on the way to me. The vendor is the family business (Knots & Spots in NW Indiana) of our member, BryLT3. She said that the shirts turned out great! I will bring Chickenfest attendees their shirts on Saturday. You can pay me then, or use the following options:

PayPal Instructions

You'll need my email: [email protected]
Here’s how to send money:
  1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Send Money.
  3. Enter the my email address and the amount you want to send.
  4. Select Purchase or Personal, then choose the reason for the payment. (If you click Personal, I won't be charged a percentage by PayPal)
  5. Click Continue.
  6. Review the amount, the payment method, and shipping address.
  7. Add a message (if you want to), then click Send Money.
PayPal sends a recipient to my email to let me know that you sent me money.

If you'd like to send a Check, my address is:

Julie Haddan
8511 Larch Lane
Evansville, IN 47710
I'm sure there is a post somewhere telling us how much is owed for each shirt, but I don't remember where. Can you give us a quick refresh?

Deadline for Ordering Official Indiana Tshirts: Wednesday, July 9 Noon ET

Please PM me with your order if you have not already. I've attached payment information.

I am paying for entire order and having it shipped to me. I will mail shirt orders as I receive payments. You may pay anytime between now and when I receive the complete order. I will let you know what date that will be. We are trying to have them mailed to members before Chickenfest if possible.

A small note for everyone using pay pal
Also if using paypal, you may want to include your address and username in the notes comment box. And a repeat of your order too might help. And Paypal will charge a fee if you pay with a credit card so please add the fees to the payment. I'm one of the people who encouraged M2H to collect using paypal I don't want her to be our a lot of money because of fees.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom