injured duck leg

Not sure if the swelling is down yet, but she seems to have more energy than before.
Well just keep up with what your doing, I'll try to track @casportpony down and see what she thinks of starting her on an antibiotic It's just that antibiotics kill good and bad bacteria and you don't want to put them on it unnecessarily.Again looking at her foot it might not be a bad idea to give her a run of antibiotic that could be infection in her ankle from the bumble.

Last edited:
Another reason to avoid the antibiotics is that I read that you can't eat the eggs while they're on it
No you can't but if she had an infection i think eating the eggs would be the last thing to worry about, if the infection went systemic there may not be a duck to lay eggs.

Well keep up with the soaks and are you using clear iodine on her bumbles? Sorry if you have said.

I've been wanting to get the big scab off for a while, and today the duck did it for me. She ripped it out while she was struggling to get out of the salt water bucket. It was odd looking. It had two 1/2 inch roots on it. They were whitish green. I hope it is just the color of a moist scab.
sickbyc.gif
The flesh inside was mostly dark red. Hopefully the wound can close up now. I packed it full of triple antibiotic and wrapped it back up again.
roll.png

I've been wanting to get the big scab off for a while, and today the duck did it for me. She ripped it out while she was struggling to get out of the salt water bucket. It was odd looking. It had two 1/2 inch roots on it. They were whitish green. I hope it is just the color of a moist scab.
sickbyc.gif
The flesh inside was mostly dark red. Hopefully the wound can close up now. I packed it full of triple antibiotic and wrapped it back up again.
roll.png
That does sound gross. as long as your keeping it wrapped I wouldn't let her get wet, keeping that wound moist is probably whats causing the skin to turn white. Maybe let it get a bit of air too now.

Back
Top Bottom