International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Thank you! I really don't know what they where considered. The two largest ones Blue Copper and Birchen may have been considered adults. They have got to be 14 weeks old or older. The younger ones grow outs. They are probably about 5 to 6 weeks old. That's my guess! I do not know how old any of my birds really are and that makes it tough.

Thank you! I really don't know what they where considered. The two largest ones Blue Copper and Birchen may have been considered adults. They have got to be 14 weeks old or older. The younger ones grow outs. They are probably about 5 to 6 weeks old. That's my guess! I do not know how old any of my birds really are and that makes it tough.

Congratulations on them! They look good! That is so exciting! You have some really wonderful birds there.

3!!! 2 eggs left and she's doing a great job. This one is blue. ?- I put a blue copper roo over a cream legbar. This leads me to believe both black are girls. The blue also doesn't have a headspot so is it safe to say it's also a girl?
IMG_3896.JPG

Last edited:
3!!! 2 eggs left and she's doing a great job. This one is blue. ?- I put a blue copper roo over a cream legbar. This leads me to believe both black are girls. The blue also doesn't have a headspot so is it safe to say it's also a girl?View attachment 1514504

Any that dont have headspots will be girls. A blue copper cock bird over a cream legbar hen produces sex link offspring, meaning they can be sexed at hatch. Males will have a white head spot, females will be solid black.. 50% of the offspring will be blue instead of black because of the blue copper cock bird. :)

Any that dont have headspots will be girls. A blue copper cock bird over a cream legbar hen produces sex link offspring, meaning they can be sexed at hatch. Males will have a white head spot, females will be solid black.. 50% of the offspring will be blue instead of black because of the blue copper cock bird. :)

I thought so but started second guessing myself when I saw another girl.

Back
Top Bottom