International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

it is possible but will take 3 years of selective breeding to breed it out ,so does not worth th effort .

chooks man

thank you.

I have just check her again. the rest of her skin is white/pink and her feet are not as yellow as plymouth rock or similar. her feet look like 75% yellow. I looked at the bottom of her feet and there is mostly pale yellow with pink batches. she looks solid black (I will try to breed solid black/blue/splash). in case she has a nice straight comb I will use her. my pain is to find a hen with straight comb.

I lost the cockerel that was my hope to build a new, better bcm line. I am thinking to use dark cuckoo roos with solid black and blue hens and create solid black/blue/splash marans.

thank you.

I have just check her again. the rest of her skin is white/pink and her feet are not as yellow as plymouth rock or similar. her feet look like 75% yellow. I looked at the bottom of her feet and there is mostly pale yellow with pink batches. she looks solid black (I will try to breed solid black/blue/splash). in case she has a nice straight comb I will use her. my pain is to find a hen with straight comb.

I lost the cockerel that was my hope to build a new, better bcm line. I am thinking to use dark cuckoo roos with solid black and blue hens and create solid black/blue/splash marans.

if she has just a little hint of yellow ,still she is yellow feet gene carrier .why do you want to use her for .
you have bought good cuckoos ,why don t breed from them and make a life eazy for your self .
chooks man
View attachment 1918981

if she has just a little hint of yellow ,still she is yellow feet gene carrier .why do you want to use her for .
you have bought good cuckoos ,why don t breed from them and make a life eazy for your self .
chooks man
View attachment 1918981

only if she ends up with a straight comb I will breed her for marans. otherwise she will be an oliver egger mom.

only if she ends up with a straight comb I will breed her for marans. otherwise she will be an oliver egger mom.
my dear friend .your want to fix one problem by addind another one , not wise .that will put you in very bad setuation in future .
it is very hard for me to help you without seing any photos .like driving blind .

chooks man

my dear friend .your want to fix one problem by addind another one , not wise .that will put you in very bad setuation in future .
it is very hard for me to help you without seing any photos .like driving blind .

chooks man

I will wait till she grows up a bit. I have no time for taking photos and she is about 3-4 months old now. I have to see what colour eggs she will lay.

P1100247.JPG
P1100239.JPG

big solid Black hen . moved to the pen for body type breeding . penned with Day Walker .

chooks man

I put together one pen . 6 hens. all correct on conformation . with a minimum fault possible .
all hens have a rectangle type body ,with a deep chest .long back and nice thin tail with a good angle .
all lay dark round eggs except for one Shive .she lay large dark dotted pointted end egg .
no bent comb .no tall featherless legs .no high tail. no concave back . no shallow chest . no loose plumage. no gooffy carriage .
all the 6 hens have a correct weight 3kg to 3.5kg. Shiva s been the heavyest .
all have great plumage except Shiva .loose plumage.
all have big to meduim size straight up comb ,no bent .Shiva s has S type comb .

the cockerel is correct in all the post excet his comb a little split in the middle .still have a good liftted lobe and a correct number of points .

NOT breeding any body pattern from this pen just marans with a correct conformation and large dark rounded egg . true marans/
P1100320.JPG
P1100321.JPG

P1100327.JPG
P1100343.JPG
P1100346.JPG

2 Black copper hens /Amor and Gazelle
2 Solid Black hen .Shiva s and malika.
1 Splash copper. Daakhania .best of them all .
1 Red pyle Unicorn.best comb .

those hens will stay together for a the rest of the breeding season .they will be bred to 3 different rooster .
1 are penned in with now Day Walker .Blue tail Buff .
2 Khabib .{ Best Comb } Splash copper . Dalakhania Brother.
3 Black Mamba. hatched over 40 chicks from him I like them a lot . want to mate him again to the best one this time .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom