International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

@Chooks man I have a few cuckoo roo/bc hen chicks. I had on my old laptop instructions how to breed birchen (silver black) but unfortunately that laptop does not work. can you please tell me again what I keep from these F1 and what to do next. I have some female looking chicks with a cuckoo pattern but half are silver and half copper. they look like mossy cuckoo. one has copper hackle and is getting cuckoo on the rest of the body. I could keep gold cuckoo as well. and I might have a few pure silver cuckoo chicks.

first let them grow and mature ,than we talk about breeding them .
I will send you the breeding formula soon .

chooks man

first let them grow and mature ,than we talk about breeding them .
I will send you the breeding formula soon .

chooks man

I need to sell a few of them. I need to know if those ones with silver and copper cuckoo pattern can be used for breeding. and I don't remember if I should keep cockerels or pullets that are split silver/copper.

I need to sell a few of them. I need to know if those ones with silver and copper cuckoo pattern can be used for breeding. and I don't remember if I should keep cockerels or pullets that are split silver/copper.

what sort of chicks you really have please? male and females? cuckoo and BC ?
you are saying you have a black copper pullet with a cuckoo body . that is strange .

to breed a silver Black { Birchen } you need to start with a pure silver strain like a cuckoo , pure silver other wise don t worry about it ,the yellowish part will never goes away .
you need a pure silver cuckoo over a pure BC hen . that will you true F1 dark silver/golden cuckoo cockerels and silver{ with golden leakage } cuckoo pullets .
next step is to mate the best F1 to each other to get silver Black { Birchen } you will need to hatch great number .

chooks man

Black copper cockerel 8 weeks old ,sired by CTB over LoveSong , he is a beauty . early feathering type .
DSC01081.JPG
DSC01383.JPG
DSC01597.JPG

he is the best of all the BC cockerels of this year .
chooks man

what sort of chicks you really have please? male and females? cuckoo and BC ?
you are saying you have a black copper pullet with a cuckoo body . that is strange .

to breed a silver Black { Birchen } you need to start with a pure silver strain like a cuckoo , pure silver other wise don t worry about it ,the yellowish part will never goes away .
you need a pure silver cuckoo over a pure BC hen . that will you true F1 dark silver/golden cuckoo cockerels and silver{ with golden leakage } cuckoo pullets .
next step is to mate the best F1 to each other to get silver Black { Birchen } you will need to hatch great number .

chooks man

the guy that sold me marans didn't say that the most chicks are from the mixed pen. he has a silver cuckoo roo over bc hens. so he did the first step and saved me a year. I will keep these chicks and will sell only those with parasitic white.

there is one super sweet chick that looks female so far and she is bc/cuckoo. I am very happy to keep her. some chicks are young and don't have all the feathers so I don't know if they are pure bc or mix.

the guy that sold me marans didn't say that the most chicks are from the mixed pen. he has a silver cuckoo roo over bc hens. so he did the first step and saved me a year. I will keep these chicks and will sell only those with parasitic white.

there is one super sweet chick that looks female so far and she is bc/cuckoo. I am very happy to keep her. some chicks are young and don't have all the feathers so I don't know if they are pure bc or mix.

if his rooster is pure silver cuckoo double barred ,than all his pullets progeny will be silver cuckoo with golden leakage .
all the cockerel should be dark yellow cuckoo .
keep only the cuckoo pullets and cockerels .any thing is not cuckoo is not a keeper .

chooks man

if his rooster is pure silver cuckoo double barred ,than all his pullets progeny will be silver cuckoo with golden leakage .
all the cockerel should be dark yellow cuckoo .
keep only the cuckoo pullets and cockerels .any thing is not cuckoo is not a keeper .

chooks man

thank you. there are bc, silver cuckoo and bc/cuckoo chicks together. I need to let them mature first and then to see what I have.

are bc chicks without cuckoo patern pure bc?

thank you. there are bc, silver cuckoo and bc/cuckoo chicks together. I need to let them mature first and then to see what I have.

are bc chicks without cuckoo patern pure bc?

how do I know ,you should aske the breeder .
if you have BC chicks than his rooster is pure silver cuckoo maybe dark cuckoo ,first cross .I m not really keen on this mixture . unknown origin .
if you really want to work with these chicks you should ask your breeder all this question ,where did he get his rooster from etc............................. more question asked better for the future work .

creating strain of chooks take time /space /lot feed etc...........................
chooks man

Back
Top Bottom