International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Sounds like you should file some sort of complaint and have the other girl do the same.

With things like this it seems the only option is to confront it, though I would fear being sued for slander or something ridiculous like that by the doctor.

I feel like something should be done. How many people has he messed up? I have a son with severe CP and He needs total care. I need my arm! I don't want to have to put my son in a home.

I have had 6 araucana and 7 eggs due to hatch in 2-3 days. broody has just kicked out and broke 1 araucana's egg. I found it at the corner of the nest. as my araucana parents are both double tufted I guess my broody understood it died in the shell. at least I hope she didn't kill it. it was a nice blue chick.

I hope that there are live chicks in the other eggs as she didn't discard them. there are 5 araucana's and 7 bcm eggs.
fl.gif

my other broody (sitting on 5 bcm eggs) seems to be determined to hatch. she gets up every 2-3 days for 3-4 minutes only.
fl.gif

you are having so much trouble to hatch some chicks my friend .
hope your luck is going to change and you ll have a lot chicks

here a best method if you are going to work with a broody hens as your main natural incubator .

1) find a best broody hen .
2) hatch some chicks from her and keep one cockerel .
3) mate her to her son and hatch a few pullet and keep them as your broody hens .they will as good as they mother hen .

broodiness is gene ,can be bred true in any line .I m doing it with my Birchen line .all goes broody so I m keeping all this year pullets as future broody hen.

good luck with your hatch .

chooks man

I hatched 4 BLCM and 4 BCM. They are from the same two hens and same rooster as the two odd light chicks. These hatched much darker blue. I don't understand why?
hu.gif
I like this color much better though!

they are very nice .great type ,well chunky .
love the color of they hatch down .less white great and well feathered shanks

the lighter one do carries some modifying genes that why they are lighter .Do not breed from them .breed only from this dark ones .

chooks man

they are very nice .great type ,well chunky .
love the color of they hatch down .less white great and well feathered shanks

the lighter one do carries some modifying genes that why they are lighter .Do not breed from them .breed only from this dark ones .

chooks man

Thank you, I will post again when they are older. I can't wait to see the difference. I have toe punched the two lighter ones and will keep them for my laying pen. I think they are pullets.

you are having so much trouble to hatch some chicks my friend .
hope your luck is going to change and you ll have a lot chicks

here a best method if you are going to work with a broody hens as your main natural incubator .

1) find a best broody hen .
2) hatch some chicks from her and keep one cockerel .
3) mate her to her son and hatch a few pullet and keep them as your broody hens .they will as good as they mother hen .

broodiness is gene ,can be bred true in any line .I m doing it with my Birchen line .all goes broody so I m keeping all this year pullets as future broody hen.

good luck with your hatch .

chooks man
this is a great advise, thank you.

at the moment I ordered 2 pullets of the greek hooded chickens that get broody. if/when I move to the bigger place I will definitely have a breeding program for the broodies.

now I have to figure out where to put the broodies with the chicks. I have 4-5 cats around my house and about 10 others pass by every day.

Here's one of the blue Birchen Marans my husband ordered for me. This one looks really good, and a pullet too! She is already showing some silver on her hackles, although it is light yet, at one month old!

Back
Top Bottom