International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Just wanted to check in. I havent had much time for anything but school, work, and studying the past few days. Looks like it will be this way until December. :(

The funny thing is, we had a genetics lecture today and all I could think about the whole time was chickens. The teacher's lecture sounded an aweful lot like Chooks man and his experiences and advice on Marans genetics.

I may or may not be mentally stable. :D

Hope everyone is well.

Just wanted to check in. I havent had much time for anything but school, work, and studying the past few days. Looks like it will be this way until December. :(

The funny thing is, we had a genetics lecture today and all I could think about the whole time was chickens. The teacher's lecture sounded an aweful lot like Chooks man and his experiences and advice on Marans genetics.

Hope everyone is well.

I think you will be the best student in genetics!

I am busy too these days, just check the posts early mornings and late evenings. I have some works around the house and when I have finished I must prepare place then make 2 new coops and runs. I took another pic of the french baby but I will post it later.

Last edited:

Hope everyone is well.

Very busy myself. Something must be in the air.

Hi every one the move went well. Lost 1 Birchen cockerel after arrival to the new Farm. 109 adult Chooks left. All healthy and ready to go

I can't wait until you have time for us again. A morning without the Aussie posts is like a morning without coffee! :)

Hope everyone is well.

Good Morning kfelton0002, I have deactivated FB for the time being. Nothing bad but can't handle that, BYC and my busy schedule right now. Had to laugh though during the posts about chicken slang when people were saying "chooks" was chicken slang. They will have a hard time convincing the English and the Australians!

I agree with chickengr...... you are going to be top of the class!

Good Morning kfelton0002, I have deactivated FB for the time being. Nothing bad but can't handle that, BYC and my busy schedule right now. Had to laugh though during the posts about chicken slang when people were saying "chooks" was chicken slang. They will have a hard time convincing the English and the Australians!

I agree with chickengr...... you are going to be top of the class!

I know.. they can be so nit picky. I swear I feel like deactivating mine at times too.

And I hope I do well on this next test.. Genetics, immunology, and sensory. My weekend will once again be spent with my face in a book.

I agree with red banks, busyness is in the air.

High school has started back and I am just out of that "I'm drowning in school" stage, now I am in the "I am just slowly sinking" stage which I prefer to the former :gig.

Chooks man is such a asset for all of us, both beginners and experienced people can pick up information from his posts.

The 6th of this month was the 1 year anniversary of when I bought my very first chickens, I have come such a long way since then.

Soon I will know as much about the Marans as I do about chickens in general, then I can share about Marans more confidently.

I agree with red banks, busyness is in the air.

High school has started back and I am just out of that "I'm drowning in school" stage, now I am in the "I am just slowly sinking" stage which I prefer to the former
gig.gif

Chooks man is such a asset for all of us, both beginners and experienced people can pick up information from his posts.

The 6th of this month was the 1 year anniversary of when I bought my very first chickens, I have come such a long way since then.

Soon I will know as much about the Marans as I do about chickens in general, then I can share about Marans more confidently.
You are already an asset to this thread. I have not been involved in chickens that much longer than you have. Thank goodness for everyone that shares on this thread. I am working on some old trays that I found. Totally off topic. They look pretty on the table next to my eggs!

l

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom