International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

LL

She is a girl to me .. the colour of her beak plus the golden I wonder if Monique did send you a Golden cuckoo?

I have to ask her .

chooks man

I don't think so

Must have been a slight shadow, perhaps just some trickery from my own eyes haha.

Dvoice brexton comment about your cockerel comb is bang on the money recording to the Original French Standard.
I fully agree with Braxton Brigade.
Why you don t think so
Chooks man

Just a misunderstanding Chooks man, they were referring to a question within my "evaluation".

Here are some Marans combs to critique.

1 Points on points forming "m"

2 Double comb point dips between 4 & 5
6514813.jpg

3 Out of proportion - too big - falling too far over the beak - short in the back

4174136.jpg

4 S shaped comb

9157997.jpg

5 Needs no explanation

LL

6 Lobe stuck to the head, side sprig

7643317.jpg

7 Split lobe, too-large comb, the second part saw-toothed, lacking depth of points, ‘sketched’ and rounded points, protruding front-of-comb, excessive number of points

2715122.jpg

8 Points everywhere

1582513.jpg

9 Point on a point

7024562.jpg

10 Side sprigs

4657070.jpg

This is the problem with combs... variation haha, there are so many things that can be wrong with a comb.

I want to add a something about trying to prevent the 3rd comb from happening, brooder temps greatly effect how large a comb will get, combs are the birds main cooling device, if they grown up needing to shed lot's of excessive heat they will compensate by growing a larger comb, perhaps too large even.

Bev Davis lives in florida (I think), I saw her comment on a FB post saying something very similar to this.

Back
Top Bottom