International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I was trying to search out this info for you. On her facebook page, she directs a lot of folks to her website.
$125 /6 eggs
$175/12 eggs
$595/10 chicks

Like oly fugggggg $600 for 10 freaking chicks. Das insaneeee. Had no idea LP's were so much money.
However, it looks like Brenda is responding to people's posts within 20 minutes on facebook. Maybe try her there if you use the website. Sorry if you don't.

She's taking orders now, but not sure how long that will last. Why are they so expensive? And that's not to knock anyone's program who has spent that much time perfecting a line or whatever. I guess I like that she shows realistic pictures of the eggs you are getting. But its also disheartening to think that even someone charging about six hundred dollars for 10 chicks still cannot get all of their eggs to be dark dark mahogany consistently. Her birchens look beautiful though...I might have to snag some of those.

I m not trying to get eggs from here .is the other way around .we are sending her some eggs from France .they are already packed but she is hard to contact .
the eggs can not leave France tell she get in contact with Monique.

cost a lot money and trouble to get eggs from France .

I do not go to facebook

Cheers
Chooks man

I'm so sorry to hear Mud is not doing well. Hopefully some R&R and your TLC will help him recover. He could be thin because he's preoccupied with breeding his girls. My Angus bull drops about 200 pounds during breeding season because he's too busy patrolling his girls to eat. Never really thought about it before but I guess the same could go for chickens.

Keith

Thanks guys! I really hope he gets better too. :)

That is true Keith, he has been very busy lately. Maybe Ive been working him too hard. Im used to our Gamecocks being able to tolerate the rigors of covering many hens, but it may have been too hard on him moving him between coops to keep the girls in both pens bred. I will have to take it easier on him if he survives.

There are a few that breed LP lines, Heaven Sent Ranch and I think Brian Parks (Frasier Creek farm) keeps a LP breeding pen. You can also join Brenda FB page, she will have a few auctions throughout the breeding season. Cheers!!

Bad luck has struck, yet again. Mud, my only FRF cockerel is not doing good. I will give him a few days to see if he will pull through, but I fear the worst. When I went to feed and collect eggs today his comb and the back of his head was bloody. He doesn't act well and seems "off". If I didn't know any better I would swear he had been in a fight with another rooster, but that is impossible. Unless he has fit with a varmint through the wire, I cannot explain his injuries. When I picked him up he felt thin also. He always has a hearty appetite, until today. He has been wormed and all the other chickens in those coops are big and healthy.

Maybe he started getting ill and one of the LA pullets beat him up? I know chickens often pick on the weak. He is currently in a smaller pen away from the pullets so he can rest, and hopefully recover.

I have several blue copper chicks from Mud, but only two black copper eggs currently in the incubator from him and my FRF pullet. If it weren't for that egg eating easter egger, I would have more.

somad.gif
hit.gif
somad.gif

Sorry to hear that .
I don t think the hens did a go at him ,must be some thing else.

moving him forward and back ward between coop will not cause him that . Look around maybe some thing else.

keep him worm and calm he ll get better .
how about his dropping ?

chooks man

Occasionally Jake gets in a bit of a scrape and his comb takes some damage, usually due to maintaining rank. When once he is damaged, he is so gentle with the hens that he lets them pick at the wound if I don't smear something inedible on it.

I do all the eggs the same way 45/50% humidity and 37.7 D C.

I do not increase the humidity when I transfer them to the hatcher .

hatcher has to be set at the same temperature and humidity as the incubator .minimum variation possible .

we had hot and dry summer .that help me a lot to keep the humidity down .

good luck with your next hatch .

Chooks man
Thank you. My last hatch was a disaster because my eggs did not lose enough moisture even though the humidity in the incubator (still air) was between 30 and 40%. I did not find out about the extra thickness on the BCM shells until too late. I read an article by a woman who claims to have excellent hatch rates who does not add any water to the the bator until day 18. My incubator, dry, measures about 10%, is this method reasonable, do you think? Also, do you even candle your eggs? Once again, thanks for the help.

Bad luck has struck, yet again. Mud, my only FRF cockerel is not doing good. I will give him a few days to see if he will pull through, but I fear the worst. When I went to feed and collect eggs today his comb and the back of his head was bloody. He doesn't act well and seems "off". If I didn't know any better I would swear he had been in a fight with another rooster, but that is impossible. Unless he has fit with a varmint through the wire, I cannot explain his injuries. When I picked him up he felt thin also. He always has a hearty appetite, until today. He has been wormed and all the other chickens in those coops are big and healthy.

Maybe he started getting ill and one of the LA pullets beat him up? I know chickens often pick on the weak. He is currently in a smaller pen away from the pullets so he can rest, and hopefully recover.

I have several blue copper chicks from Mud, but only two black copper eggs currently in the incubator from him and my FRF pullet. If it weren't for that egg eating easter egger, I would have more.

somad.gif
hit.gif
somad.gif
sorry to hear that.

my mario was dying and I gave him: baytrill, honey water + fresh duck's egg's yolk (any yolk woud do) - all syringed. he is still alive and mating a year later.

Back
Top Bottom