International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

what a story of this little chick?
chooks man
No story.
Hatched him, plus 3 others the other day. They're bcm's.
I was pretty much told by the person i bought the eggs from that they wouldn't hatch, 'extremy hard to hatch, good luck'.
Challenge accepted. Well, 21 days later. 4 hatched out of 6 eggs.
I think the trick is to keep humidity low throughout.

I do not add any water when I move the eggs to the hatcher and I make sure all the vent holes are ope
sorry ,
I make sure to open all the vent holes when the first chicks hatch ,because the humidity will increase ,plus I move the hatched chicks straight away to a different hatcher to dry out . I don t like to keep the hatched chicks with the rest of unhatched eggs . they keep pushing them around , no good .
but there is many other factors too . health of the parents breeders ,they diet etc..........
some pens I get 100% hatch ,other I get very little 30% . never a same .

chooks man

No story.
Hatched him, plus 3 others the other day. They're bcm's.
I was pretty much told by the person i bought the eggs from that they wouldn't hatch, 'extremy hard to hatch, good luck'.
Challenge accepted. Well, 21 days later. 4 hatched out of 6 eggs.
I think the trick is to keep humidity low throughout.
post more photos of the other chicks ,
chooks man

Hey are you an expert. Maybe you could help me.
I have a horrible feeling that they are some cross, not a pure copper.
Maybe I'm just worrying about nothing.
I'll get some pics later.
I have only 2 left. Sold 2
I need better photos to tell if they are pure marans or crosses .
the chicks you posted has too much black melanin .very dark feet ,does not mean they are cross .some marans line are too dark .
chooks man

Pics of Idiot's first chicks. I'll have to get better pics, these were when they were 24 hours old. The buff colored chick is from an Aloha and no a FBCM.
IMG_20210502_104508.jpg

IMG_20210502_104509.jpg

I do not add any water when I move the eggs to the hatcher and I make sure all the vent holes are ope
Unfortunately I have to add some water because I live in a semi arid climate at 3500 ft (~ 1200 m) above sea level, only so my humidity is above 15% but below 30% . If you want you can measure your air cells or weigh eggs to gauge moisture loss over the course of incubation. It's all regional, for sure!

Back
Top Bottom