International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

as for the chicks, they are together with araucana chicks who teach them how to be wild and run away, lol. I did not still have time to take photos. I can say 1 is cockerel for sure. I don't know their age. must be from2 - 4 weeks. their down is pretty good.

they come from the same line my marans had been. both my friend and I lost all of our marans. by chance I found an add and gave my friend the phone number. it happened that the guy who put the add is his old client who started the flock from his marans only. that's god's gift! he has another flock where he added 2 blue hens so I will get blue marans soon as well.

there are no other marans in greece (except white, I am not interested in). I would like to have weathen marans as well as those new colours, salmon gold and silver.

Blade Blue copper split Red rooster
as for the chicks, they are together with araucana chicks who teach them how to be wild and run away, lol. I did not still have time to take photos. I can say 1 is cockerel for sure. I don't know their age. must be from2 - 4 weeks. their down is pretty good.

they come from the same line my marans had been. both my friend and I lost all of our marans. by chance I found an add and gave my friend the phone number. it happened that the guy who put the add is his old client who started the flock from his marans only. that's god's gift! he has another flock where he added 2 blue hens so I will get blue marans soon as well.

there are no other marans in greece (except white, I am not interested in). I would like to have weathen marans as well as those new colours, salmon gold and silver.

nice to know you guy got your old line back as pure .
I will send some marans eggs to you one day for sure this year .
chooks man

Blade ,Blue copper rooster with one copy of Dark brown gene .priceless copper . look great after his molt .he is 18 month old now . huge and heavy .
P1140329.JPG

his brother Shiva Shanti ,he as well has one copy of DB gene ,
P1140317.JPG

both are sired by Day Walker over Shiva .both are high class .
Chooks man

Elvis brother crowing ,well happy about him self .look great . he is a White tail red
P1140460.JPG
P1140463.JPG
P1140464.JPG

he has stunning long back and faultless tail .
Sired by DW over Unicorn 19 month old .
him and his half brother Enkido { similar pattern } will be used over my Splash copper hens to produce dominant white strain ,big correct and dark eggs layer . have all the tool to do it . half of they F1 progeny will be Dominant white ,the other half will be Blue copper split Wheaten/ Golden Salmon .
chooks man

@Chooks man your roos are candy for the eyes. I had 1 chunky roo, not as good as yours but I lost him. I hope to get some good marans again.

I have lost 1 chick. she was weak and did't thrive. reminds me of some inbred chicks I lost in the past. I have to talk to this guy and arrange to get some chicks from his blue/black pen in order to avoid inbreeding.

Back
Top Bottom