Intervention: Helping Your Chicks Hatch

Pics
After doing a little research at that time of morning, I did find somethings about wrapping it back up in warm wet paper towels. I did that and just kept monitoring the moisture and heat. The little duckling made it's full appearance and so far doing really well. Thank you for the reply.

Thank you soo much for this information, I always heard NEVER HELP A CHICK HATCH and was stressing cause my chick wasn't making any progress, so was starting to help then decided to check your site just in case. and I AM SO HAPPY, I HELPED 1 CHICK AND IT IS STILL WARMING UP AND DRYING BUT LOOKS GREAT!!! THANK YOU AGAIN SO MUCH.

Yes I do, first off don't panic :hugs It sounds like just the umbilical cord. Some do hatch with it still attached. There is no need to remove it and it's best not to either. Removing can cause bleeding and a rupture to the abdomen. Just leave it be and it will dry up and eventually fall off.

If the chick is still wet just leave it in the incubator to rest, dry and fluff up.

Yes I do, first off don't panic :hugs It sounds like just the umbilical cord. Some do hatch with it still attached. There is no need to remove it and it's best not to either. Removing can cause bleeding and a rupture to the abdomen. Just leave it be and it will dry up and eventually fall off.

If the chick is still wet just leave it in the incubator to rest, dry and fluff up.
thank you I was just so worried
1f601.png

Back
Top Bottom