Intervention: Helping Your Chicks Hatch

Take the rocker aka turner out.
Whatever day you decide to take the turner out, day 18 or 19, Make sure you will be home for a few hours to monitor the temperature.
My Turner motor adds a couple of degrees to my incubator...so when I take it out I have to adjust my incubator to bring the temperature back up.
Lol ya , I'm so sick about losing all mine on last 3days. My temp seems good at the high temp I had cause on the top my temp is almost 3 1/2 degrees different from under rocker to top of incu. Clearly my fault cause I didn't have a extra thermometer. But now I know I'll be putting about 5 extra and I'm getting the one that does temp and humidity ones also. I'd hate to have bad results again. Thanks everyone who helped me out yesterday....

I’m glad you’re not discouraged. Good luck with your new hatch! I don’t have any experience with quail so I can’t answer your quail question. :)
My first also. I'll have to look it up on incubation times. I know some take less days and some takes more. Just not for sure on these. And yesterday was devastating but I learned so much and knowledge is everything in this world today. Thanks

Take the rocker aka turner out.
Whatever day you decide to take the turner out, day 18 or 19, Make sure you will be home for a few hours to monitor the temperature.
My Turner motor adds a couple of degrees to my incubator...so when I take it out I have to adjust my incubator to bring the temperature back up.
See that's crazy cause mine adds more when taken out and I have to apparently lower it so I dont hurt them....

See that's crazy cause mine adds more when taken out and I have to apparently lower it so I dont hurt them....
I don't know your bator but it looksike you set it to a certain temp and it tries to say at that temp.
It might work a little harder once you take your turner out which causes it to over heat some.

It's good that you know this...so you will need to turn it down some.
Keep playing with it with calibrated thermometers.
Move them around in your bator and leave it closed, after moving them, and wait a while and check their reading again.

I'm willing to bet the entire bator doesn't stay the exact same temp at all times.

I don't know your bator but it looksike you set it to a certain temp and it tries to say at that temp.
It might work a little harder once you take your turner out which causes it to over heat some.

It's good that you know this...so you will need to turn it down some.
Keep playing with it with calibrated thermometers.
Move them around in your bator and leave it closed, after moving them, and wait a while and check their reading again.

I'm willing to bet the entire bator doesn't stay the exact same temp at all times.
Ya I dont think any does

And yes it keeps the temp stable Supposedly the fan shuts off when it gets up 1 degree highter to cool it down. But the air is cooler on top than when I take rocker out. It's much hotter on bottom.
Is your heating element on the bottom?

No it's on site top and my humidity one is on the bottom
Here is the thermometer and I. Guessing the one on bottom is for humidity. I may be wrong tho. And that seems strange that the thermometer is located at the top of the incu. I really should have noticed that but I really didn't think anything about that till you just said something. Th Z nks so much for that. It would be much hotter on the bottom. It's not getting anywhere near the bottom to get a temp.

Attachments

• 15816381249335368587488450484785.jpg
    15816381249335368587488450484785.jpg
    434.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 15816381399076817828217693043213.jpg
    15816381399076817828217693043213.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 3
This is why you really shouldn't pay attention to the temperature reading on the bator ever.
Just adjust the heat according to what your calibrated (Doo. To be purchased) thermometers read.

Back
Top Bottom