is it actually safe to eat an egg that quit?

I honestly feel like Americans have an obsession with "clean" foods. The reality is, we have A LOT of bacterial problems in our food supply of overly pasteurized foods, because we overly pasteurize them. I'm working on a master's degree in health and nutrition education, and in my studies I have found it frankly startling that the majority of mass food poisonings come from processed frozen foods. So if you are afraid of bacteria and their toxins, please stear clear of the frozen potatoes in your local grocery. Ha ha ha I'd eat a quitter any day over that so called "food" now that I've read what I've read. And pass me a cup of raw milk to go with it. (Pasteurized milk isn't all it's cracked up to be either... No joking guys. Reminds me of when I read "The Jungle" in college. Ew.)

Last edited:
I honestly feel like Americans have an obsession with "clean" foods. The reality is, we have A LOT of bacterial problems in our food supply of overly pasteurized foods, because we overly pasteurize them. I'm working on a master's degree in health and nutrition education, and in my studies I have found it frankly startling that the majority of mass food poisonings come from processed frozen foods. So if you are afraid of bacteria and their toxins, please stear clear of the frozen potatoes in your local grocery. Ha ha ha I'd eat a quitter any day over that so called "food" now that I've read what I've read. And pass me a cup of raw milk to go with it. (Pasteurized milk isn't all it's cracked up to be either... No joking guys. Reminds me of when I read "The Jungle" in college. Ew.)
Upton Sinclair. Had to read that book right before my lunch period. (High school history/social studies.) Needless to say, I didn't eat much lunch that semester! lol

I agree with you on some of your points. Give me raw milk. I always weigh the risks when I go out to eat. Had food poisoning just a couple of weeks ago from eating at Subway. I often choose to go without eating when I'm out running errands. I'll stay hungry, until I can get home and get something from my own kitchen... and no, I'm not a germophobe. I have plenty of culture in my own fridge! But, If I've prepared it myself, I can make the judgement call about if it passes the reasonably safe test for me to eat!

While I have no issue with a person eating Balut I would be not so hot on the idea of eating an animal that died . I wouldn't pull over to the side of the road in 100 degree weather and cut a couple strips off of a road kill animal any more than I would eat a "quitter" in the incubator..

Try it the right way, incubate them to day 14 (for chicken) and day 18 for duck and steam it...

Let us know.

Last edited:
While I have no issue with a person eating Balut I would be not so hot on the idea of eating an animal that died . I wouldn't pull over to the side of the road in 100 degree weather and cut a couple strips off of a road kill animal any more than I would eat a "quitter" in the incubator..

Try it the right way, incubate them to day 14 (for chicken) and day 18 for duck and steam it...

Let us know.

Ok.

While I have no issue with a person eating Balut I would be not so hot on the idea of eating an animal that died . I wouldn't pull over to the side of the road in 100 degree weather and cut a couple strips off of a road kill animal any more than I would eat a "quitter" in the incubator..

Let us know.

Personally I would rather eat roadkill than steam a live chick to death in it's shell.

Do you have any idea how much steam would hurt? That would be agony, but then again maybe you think that would make the meat taste better? Some cultures do torture before they slaughter for that very reason, because they think the meat tastes better when dying in terror/agony.

Last edited:
Personally I would rather eat roadkill than steam a live chick to death in it's shell.

Do you have any idea how much steam would hurt? That would be agony, but then again maybe you think that would make the meat taste better? Some cultures do torture before they slaughter for that very reason, because they think the meat tastes better when dying in terror/agony.

Cry me a frigging river would ya
smack.gif
... Who are you to justify what is acceptable and what isn't? Do YOU eat meat? Ughhh.. people like you make this site sometimes more of a place to not be honest and answer or ask honest questions. Do me a favor, take your so called empathy somewhere else and allow some of us to actually discuss the topic at hand.

"Food is everything we are. It's an extension of nationalist feeling, ethnic feeling, your personal history, your province, your region, your tribe, and your grandma. It is inseparable from those from the get-go." Anthony Bourdain

American Mom, might I gently suggest that you read a few of Sonya9's posts before you come down on her so harshly? She is a remarkably sensible, mature young lady who has posted in several threads about eating her chickens. I think you might be surprised to see that she does not fit your hasty judgement. And frankly, I had the same first reaction she did, and I'm a far cry from a non-meat eating, anti-chicken processing, idealistic young person.

American Mom, might I gently suggest that you read a few of Sonya9's posts before you come down on her so harshly? She is a remarkably sensible, mature young lady who has posted in several threads about eating her chickens. I think you might be surprised to see that she does not fit your hasty judgement. And frankly, I had the same first reaction she did, and I'm a far cry from a non-meat eating, anti-chicken processing, idealistic young person.

Blooie, I responded in the manner I did because of what she said, if she was such a thoughtful poster she would not have made the statement she did.

I came down on her harshly?? LOL... That was tame, you accuse me of hasty judgment, re-read her post directed solely at me.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom