is it actually safe to eat an egg that quit?

Blooie, I responded in the manner I did because of what she said, if she was such a thoughtful poster she would not have made the statement she did.

I came down on her harshly?? LOL... That was tame, you accuse me of hasty judgment, re-read her post directed solely at me.
roll.png

I directed the post at your comment, NOT at you personally. Did you see your name mentioned????

And yes being steamed to death IS horrific. And if you can't deal with that description then too bad, cry a river over descriptive and very accurate responses on the interwebs.

Last edited:
I directed the post at your comment, NOT at you personally. Did you see your name mentioned????

And yes being steamed to death IS horrific. And if you can't deal with that description then too bad, cry a river over accurate responses on the internets.

Really? LOL, so when you said this it wasn't directed at me correct? Quoting me and making the statement you did below did make it personal.

Do you have any idea how much steam would hurt? That would be agony, but then again maybe you think that would make the meat taste better?

Do you come out as strong against boiling the egg? How about lobster or crab? do you picket the folks who like to eat oysters and shellfish raw, alive? Who are we to determine what is right or wrong in someone else's eating habits? Do you realize how much being boiled to death actually hurts? Do you believe being boiled is better than steam, sheesh, I only responded with what I knew of the way to cook it.

So sorry to see you leave. And yes, boiling anything alive is cruel.

Bye! :)
I respect other's food decisions and other's cultures. Personally I do agree with boiling/steaming a live animal as being cruel. I made the mistake of voicing my opinions to my son while he observed the lobsters in the tank at our local Price Chopper. Oiy Vey. The next trip in the store he started in on one of the workers back there about letting them go and it wasn't right to eat them...lol It's the same with hunting. I am NOT against hunting, (for food, I am against hunting for sport) but I don't understand how anyone can look at a beautiful deer and still pull trigger. Same concept. Personally can't do it. I can't even eat meat on a bone. Most of my meat is processed. If it looks like it's an animal, forget it..lol

I was planning on killing the embryo before boiling it. Any thoughts on a humane way to do this? Freezing?
If we could tell the gender of chicks before they hatched it would be helpful, then you could just eat the males

Actually bleeding it out by cutting the membrane would probably be painless since there aren't nerves in the exterior veins are there?

I was planning on killing the embryo before boiling it. Any thoughts on a humane way to do this? Freezing?
If we could tell the gender of chicks before they hatched it would be helpful, then you could just eat the males
Or you could just move to China, they would provide answers and be much less judgemental.

Seriously why do you want to eat an embryo????

Why do you want to eat a chicken?
I didn't post this thread to argue. Please do not comment if you aren't interested in contributing anything helpful for cooking balut. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom