Is it legal to shoot a dog on my property if they kill my chickens?

Oh boy....A donkey guards our goat kids and foals...sometimes she won't even let me in the pasture...as long as we are talking about Large Guardian Animals....At least she won't eat me...Well I don't think she would

Quote:
Okay, they don't have fences on their property, and they are the sorts of people who don't see dogs as house pets. I can understand that.

Here's what I would do, then. If you are close enough with them, drop by some time for a cup of coffee. Show them a print out of this thread of some of the suggestions being made here and a copy of the ordinance allowing you to protect your birds.

Then print up a copy of this...

http://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-PIF-3...8?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1249845676&sr=8-8

There. No fence needed, the dogs can stay outside, your birds are safe, and his dogs won't be shot. Win-win-win-win.

Quote:
Okay, they don't have fences on their property, and they are the sorts of people who don't see dogs as house pets. I can understand that.

Here's what I would do, then. If you are close enough with them, drop by some time for a cup of coffee. Show them a print out of this thread of some of the suggestions being made here and a copy of the ordinance allowing you to protect your birds.

Then print up a copy of this...

http://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-PIF-3...8?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1249845676&sr=8-8

There. No fence needed, the dogs can stay outside, your birds are safe, and his dogs won't be shot. Win-win-win-win.

Thats a great idea. If all of this isn't hint enough then I don't know what is. I hope this all stays cival because he's not a very nice person
hide.gif

Thank you all for your help!
thumbsup.gif

Buster, I'm glad having a guard dog works for you, but it simply doesn't work for everyone, please understand that.

Besides, $1000+ to buy a guard dog, maintain its health, food, etc. OR the price of a box of bullets? I think I'd choose the box of bullets.

()relics :

Oh boy....A donkey guards our goat kids and foals...sometimes she won't even let me in the pasture...as long as we are talking about Large Guardian Animals....At least she won't eat me...Well I don't think she would

L&LOL

Somebody told me once that goats will protect the chickens if they are all in a run together? Don't know how true that is...never owned a goat.
idunno.gif

Quote:
No..they'll be dog food too. But a LLama or mini-donkey will kick the crap out of dogs or anything trying to get into the pen.

A neighbohood mutt had killed one of my hens. I have told all of my neighbors that if I see that dog around my birds again it won't be going home.

Back
Top Bottom