Is my pot belly pig pregnant?!?!?

We think our sweet Olivia is pregnant. Brought a boyfriend home for her a few months ago, and now her belly looks HUGE. Cut down on food thinking she was just fat but she just keeps growing. Nipples are swollen too.... what do you think?

We think our sweet Olivia is pregnant. Brought a boyfriend home for her a few months ago, and now her belly looks HUGE. Cut down on food thinking she was just fat but she just keeps growing. Nipples are swollen too.... what do you think?

f you brought home a boyfrend for her she is most likely pregnant. I have only bred my pigs a few times so I am not an expert in this field. I would say yes that she is.
-Abster2

Just spent quite some time reading this entire thread! Wow. Congrats on all babies (even though most are almost 3 years ago). Sorry for the loss of the human baby! I have been there several times and it never gets easier.

I am a new piggy mom. I got 3 piggies from a young lady in august. Almost a month after I got them she contacted me and said " hey the girls could be or could get preganant now." When I got them she said they was 8 weeks old. Im trying to so my research and came upon this thread. At this point any info anyone can give me would ve a blessing. My one girl is pretty fat while the other just seems to be normal. Both of theor vulvas are swollen. The one more than the other. I will try to post pics.

If you got them in August and they were pregnant they would have had babies by now. So unless you exposed them to a male then they can't be pregnant. Swollen vulvas happen when they are in heat too which happens every 3-4 weeks.

We adopted a potbelly pig last week and I am concerned that she may be pregnant. At first, I thought it might just be heat, but now I am not quite sure. She has a very swollen vulva that sticks out far enough that her wagging tail is constantly hitting against it. She doesn't have milk but her nipples protrude quite a bit. Belly pic is from last Wednesday. Vulva pic is from today but it has been swollen this entire time. I am thinking the shelter vet didn't give her much of an exam even though supposedly that is what they were doing when my other half was filling out the adoption paperwork. She was there about a month and her hoofs are really overgrown too. Ugh. She was in a stall by herself, but I suppose she could have mated prior to the shelter. Do you think she looks like we should be preparing for piglets?

Hi everyone, I bought a pot belly big for my hubby. She was 6 mons old when we got her and now we have had for a month. I have researched and talked with people and they say she possible could be breed. She has become more swayed back and her belly is huge yet thin around the ribs. Her girlie parts(hehe) are swollen more than normal for atleast a week or two and she has started to get boobies. I am going to try and post pics but she didn't want her picture taken plus ferbie our goat was standing on my back. Please someone help me out, if she is preggo how far a long do you think she is? Or am i just crazy?!?!?

Back
Top Bottom