Is this a deal on a used Sportsman? What do I look for?

Quote:
Becky, if they are only three years old they are the newer 1502's and that price is a steal! Just have the seller plug them up for an hour, check the temp to see if it's heating and make sure the turners are working. Otherwise they are almost idiot proof. Mine is maybe 20 + years old and works like a charm. BTW, I don't used the bucket resevoir, just have the two standard water pans and keep them full (Fill them both twice a week). I also never use the humidity wicks although I ordered a case, just never needed them other than cutting them in strips to place between the trays and the racks to keep them from sliding.
wink.png

Well, it was too good to be true. I called the guy just before I left and asked if he was sure it was two incubators and not an incubator and a hatcher. No, no two incubators. When I got there (2.5 hour drive) and called for directions to his place in the country he said I was right -- incubator and hatcher. The incubator was a 1202 (not the new 1202A) and I'm not even sure of the model number of the hatcher. They both worked, but he didn't have them up and running so I can't be sure they would get up to temp, etc. He has never actually used it. He was asking $650 but came down to $575. I decided to pass because I wasn't sure of the age, if they really did work and I don't want that big of units. I was planning on a combined incubator/hatcher for $325. Perhaps it was a good deal, but not for me.

Becky

Back
Top Bottom