Is this worth $200

U could probably just build that for 100 dollars.
With respect, you are completely wrong. The window alone would cost at least $100 if you shop hard.

My guess without knowing more details is $1,000 to $1,500 and I build small structures like this on a regular basis.

Hold on, I think it is worth a careful look.

There are 5 nest boxes so I would think her estimate of 4' by 6' is accurate or close. The nest boxes are external which means the full 24 square feet is available - 6 large fowl if you add a run space of 60 square feet, perhaps more if your climate does not have long winters. Depends on what your goals are regarding number of chickens?

The coop is very well built from what I see - solid wood, metal roof, good overhangs, one window at least, painted. Reproducing that is going to cost many multiples of $200. You are going to have to move it, that will add $s so solve that before you commit.

I cannot tell from the picture what ventilation it has but that is something you can add if needed.

If it suits your needs I think it is a super value!!!
Thank you. Unfortunately even though we were talking about me coming to get it she ended up re listing it for much more. Which I understand. But I had to pass on it as 1. the price went up while we were chatting and 2. she stopped responding to me (presumably bc someone else was offering more). Eh, oh well 🤣

Someone is selling this locally for $200. Any idea how big this might be based on the pictures? She doesn’t have exact dimensions available at the moment. These are her pictures, not mine. Is it safe to buy a used coop? Though it is listed as new. She thinks it’s around 4x6. I’m hoping it’s bigger.
I have that coop. It is very tiny, i use it for my bantams as a nesting box because even for them it’s small, but the coop quality is nice.

Thank you. Unfortunately even though we were talking about me coming to get it she ended up re listing it for much more. Which I understand. But I had to pass on it as 1. the price went up while we were chatting and 2. she stopped responding to me (presumably bc someone else was offering more). Eh, oh well 🤣
Too bad, that was a great buy IF it suited your desire regarding # of birds.

I think it is well worth 200 dollars if it suits your needs. I wouldn't put more than 3 or maybe 4 large fowl hens in that, so if you want more birds then it would be a waste of money.
I have been in the chicken game for 5 years. I started with a 10' by 16' Woods style coop.

Since the initial build I have added a large cage to hold the extra roos and will build a 16' by 14' pole shed to house a much bigger bachelor pad, brooder and isolation cages. I also have all the materials to build a second 8' by 12' coop on a trailer to house different breeds from my main focus.

Having said that I have the room and got serious about my interest.

If that had been advertised locally I would have been in my vehicle with cash in hand while I was contacting the vendor.

Obviously it depends on one's needs/desires/circumstances but that was a GREAT BUY at that price!

Back
Top Bottom