Is this worth $200

Esrun

Songster
Jan 29, 2024
Someone is selling this locally for $200. Any idea how big this might be based on the pictures? She doesn’t have exact dimensions available at the moment. These are her pictures, not mine. Is it safe to buy a used coop? Though it is listed as new. She thinks it’s around 4x6. I’m hoping it’s bigger.

Attachments

• IMG_8448.png
    IMG_8448.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_8447.png
    IMG_8447.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_8446.png
    IMG_8446.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 65
Ok thanks! I’m passing on it.
Hold on, I think it is worth a careful look.

There are 5 nest boxes so I would think her estimate of 4' by 6' is accurate or close. The nest boxes are external which means the full 24 square feet is available - 6 large fowl if you add a run space of 60 square feet, perhaps more if your climate does not have long winters. Depends on what your goals are regarding number of chickens?

The coop is very well built from what I see - solid wood, metal roof, good overhangs, one window at least, painted. Reproducing that is going to cost many multiples of $200. You are going to have to move it, that will add $s so solve that before you commit.

I cannot tell from the picture what ventilation it has but that is something you can add if needed.

If it suits your needs I think it is a super value!!!

Someone is selling this locally for $200. Any idea how big this might be based on the pictures? She doesn’t have exact dimensions available at the moment. These are her pictures, not mine. Is it safe to buy a used coop? Though it is listed as new. She thinks it’s around 4x6. I’m hoping it’s bigger.
They should give good dimensions and pics of the inside.

Based on the brick the foundation is sitting on, I think the seller is right that it's 4x6. It could definitely use more ventilation, which may be hard to do given the design. For materials, it's worth $200. Whether it's sized right depends on the number of chickens.

My original coop was 5 1/2 w × 6 L × 7 1/2 h, that was too small for 6 LF birds, so I add an extension. Exact copy of the first build and binder the 2 together.

Back
Top Bottom