ISABELLE LEGHORNS IN USA!

Pics

These are from @cree57i .
We have hens from you as well. It seems both of you have buddy henry stock. Correct me if I am wrong

Yes, but mine have been outcrossed a few times so essentially they can be considered a separate line, if you're worried about genetic diversity. Remember, Buddy created them, here in the States, so every who one got their stock when they were first released got them directly or indirectly from Buddy. Buddy had a partner who was also selling at the time. Same stock though. Initially. Not necessarily now, depending on how they've been bred since then. I'm sure Buddy is still outcrossing as well, using different stock than I chose to outcross to.

From the ones I got from CJWaldon -- she just got an upsized blue legband today -- she is pretty cool with it.

He kept turning his back on me -- I think he really wanted me to take a photo of how beautiful the contrast is in his tail and body -- and I hope to keep that trait in future -- and his neck hackles are getting pointy --

They are growing so fast!

These guys hatched yesterday. The ones with the yellow band are from CJWaldon line via a trio I bought and sold last year from with the understanding I could get eggs. There are 3 of them. The others are from my birds. I swear I don't see a feathers difference. Some are lighter and some are darker in both groups. The camera is just an iPhone 4.
I know they may grow out with different characteristics, but they seem to start off pretty much the same.

Middle one has yellow band.

2 outside ones have yellow bands.

Back
Top Bottom