Isa's Homestead Happenings and Hangout

Hey @ColtHandorf look!
Not one but TWO surprise hostas popped up this year now that the gawd awful cedar bushes are gone
View attachment 3800958

flame thrower fire GIF

Got home late from a crazy busy day with no food, took care of all the animals, and did not get to sleep until after midnight. Woke up at 5, did everything I needed to, and now all I want is a nap and I cannot take one because my sister is supposed to be released today. I am so tired! 😩😴

@KayisforKale How is your sister doing? Was she able to be released from the hospital?
Yes! We got home stupidly late, so it threw off the insulin schedule. We are trying to do the carb counting and insulin adjustments, and last night I inadvertently gave her too much (I did not know that I was supposed to under-dose her). But I had thought to ask the ICU doctors about what to do if that happens (I tend to over-count, and I need to stop that), and they told us how to treat it. We are keeping records of everything we do, when we do it, and how we do it, so they can guide us in the right direction at her follow-up. They did say it is a learning thing, though, and they do not expect perfection right away. But keeping records will show them that we are trying to do it correctly.

She laughed at me when I kept her meal paper yesterday, but it came in handy this morning when she was eating the same number of carbs, and I had remembered the dose they used for that. Then all I had to do was add a single unit for correction for her high BG.

I be getting smarterer. 🤓😅

Yes! We got home stupidly late, so it threw off the insulin schedule. We are trying to do the carb counting and insulin adjustments, and last night I inadvertently gave her too much (I did not know that I was supposed to under-dose her). But I had thought to ask the ICU doctors about what to do if that happens (I tend to over-count, and I need to stop that), and they told us how to treat it. We are keeping records of everything we do, when we do it, and how we do it, so they can guide us in the right direction at her follow-up. They did say it is a learning thing, though, and they do not expect perfection right away. But keeping records will show them that we are trying to do it correctly.

She laughed at me when I kept her meal paper yesterday, but it came in handy this morning when she was eating the same number of carbs, and I had remembered the dose they used for that. Then all I had to do was add a single unit for correction for her high BG.

I be getting smarterer. 🤓😅
A food diary is always a good idea. Glad she's home!

A food diary is always a good idea. Glad she's home!
Thank you! I am, too. I missed having her here. She is usually the one person I hang out with the most. ❤️

I have started keeping my own food diary, too. Apparently I do not eat near as much as I thought I do. I eat less than 20grams of carbs a day, less than 1,000 calories, and the only real sugar I take in is through drinks. I started this when my sister went in (practice, you know?), and now I am wondering if I would drop all of my weight if I cut out all of the sugar in my liquids. I walk between 10,000-20,000 steps a day; when I do yard work or when I am at the restaurant those activities are 'weight-lifting' (death vines are like resistance bands that I have to yank out of trees, and the restaurant bought stone and thick glass plates and bowls, so everything tripled in weight). Yeah. Every day is a work-out, with little nutritional intake. Yet I am still a 🐖y. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom