ISO Runner Duck Hard to Find Colors

Yep that makes sense. These are the colors I am looking for when I say Silver and Lavender.
View attachment 2004108View attachment 2004110

I'm a sucker for the lighter colors with dark bills lol.

So that first one does appear to be harlequin. It's caused by the recessive harlequin gene. The color is often called snowy in the US, like snowy mallards, snowy calls, etc. The second I think is the same as lavender in the US.

So that first one does appear to be harlequin. It's caused by the recessive harlequin gene. The color is often called snowy in the US, like snowy mallards, snowy calls, etc. The second I think is the same as lavender in the US.
Thank you - that's a helpful clarification! I was wondering why my silvers don't look like that pic (with the darker patterning). Mine range from nearly white to more of a silvery lavender. Even the blues have some color variation, with drakes being dark blue and ducks being lighter at hatch and maturing into blue with almost "splash"-type darker spots. I've heard it called "blue splash", colloquially. The blues are nearly autosexing - a few more hatches, and I may be able to confirm my hunch. 😉

Back
Top Bottom